Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lumbar support motor died

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems that my driver lumbar support has died at 76k miles. It’s got a little life in it where it can move back and forth but not enough to push the seat out unless I fiddle with it for 10min. Has anyone ever replaced the motor? I’d suspect I can find the service manual instructions but just curious what I’m in for. I’ll do it myself if I can I really don’t want to go the service center route. They’ll send me the parts also if I can’t find a second hand one.
Any experience?

No experience, but fixyourtesla has a parts and procedures manual for the procedure and ordering. Fix Your Tesla - Tesla Model S service manual.
Yeah I just saw this. Disappointing news but I’m thinking it can be done in some way. Probably can’t order the motor from tesla so I’ll have to figure out the motor specs. From a video on YouTube of someone cutting a seat in half, seems like it’s got a window regulator design almost

Also, the Tesla Electronic Parts Catalog is available at: Parts Catalog using your Tesla account. It shows the parts and numbers, and also if the part is restricted or over the counter. You can order an over the counter part thru the mobile app Service. Just comment that the service is "parts only" request, and give the part number and description.