TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lumberton, NC Supercharger

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by pgiralt, Nov 22, 2013.

1. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I got some information today that indicates the southeastern North Carolina supercharger will be in Lumberton off the Fayetteville Road exit from I-95 near the Texas Steakhouse. Looking at the Google Map, it looks like a prime location as it is close to I-95 and seems to have lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Any ideas on how to search for permits in the area?

Here's the rumored location:

Google Maps

2. robatbeach

robatbeach Member

That would be great. That is convenient. Planning a trip that way in early July and it would really help if it was complete by then. Does anyone have any info on when it might be complete?

3. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

Early July? Uh, yeah, it'll be done by then. It's on Tesla's map for "Fall 2013" completion!

Thanks pgiralt for the tip. Now somebody get out there and look for a construction site. Then we can start to gauge completion date ...

4. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Yes - I think it will probably be done by end of year. From what I understand, the process is already underway (don't know if that just means they have started pulling permits and hiring the contractor).

5. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

I did a tour of the NC Superchargers for the first time this weekend on a visit to family. The Rocky Mount charger is in the parking lot of a Texas Steakhouse, so maybe they have some kind of deal.

As an added note, love the Burlington location. Parking lot was jam packed on a Friday night, but only 2 spots ICE'd and plenty of food/shopping options an easy walking distance away. Not so much in Rocky Mount, but that's Eastern NC for ya.

6. emupilot

emupilot Member

TM forum member iTesla called the Lumberton Electric Utilities Department and they said a supercharger would be built on Fayetteville Rd near the hotels off I-95. No word on timing.

7. EVMD

EVMD Member

Sitting outside this location. No sign of the supercharger. Asked the staff of Texas steakhouse and they did not know about it. So it has not started yet. There is a great BBQ ( Smithfield) across the street. Will be a great location when done.

8. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

9. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

Somebody mentioned my new Recargo listing (above) in another TMC thread here, and someone else responded:

10. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

Bumping this up because construction is apparently well underway. Can someone stop by again and take some pictures?

11. Jonathan Hewitt

Once they finish the SC SC. Otherwise I won't be able to make it back :p

12. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Yes, a TMC member - fdog - is hoping to stop by next week on the way to Charleston.

13. jandkw

jandkw Member

First stop from Cary/Raleigh/Charlotte to Florida. Trip is Florida is becoming a reality.

14. T2v

T2v Member

Any updates on lumberton SC?

HTML:

Happy Holidays all ! Any update on this one please ?

15. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

This is another one of those sites that is suffering from TWO threads here at TMC. The visit report was posted here: Supercharger - Lumberton, NC

Excerpt from Dec 19th:

16. C.Ford

C.Ford Member

photo (2).JPG

A fellow Model S driver emailed me this photo today. He said it was almost ready to open and was behind the Texas Steakhouse off exit 22. He didn't mention charging here, so I don't know if the Superchargers are live yet or not. Still exciting.

17. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Nice pic.
    And yes, very exciting!!!

Looks like there is at least one major element still missing, which would prevent it from being able to supply a charge:

** ESVE cabinets
    ** Maybe also an adjacent transformer, (hopefully it is already there)

Also, lots of smaller stuff:

** EV charging station Parking posts and signs
    ** gates for the Charging equipment paddock
    ** re-striping of the pavement
    ** probably some landscaping or dressing up of the raw dirt with bark mulch

18. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I've gotta believe that Lumberton should be done this week unless they are just waiting for parts. Any recon to see the state of the install? I'm tempted to call the Texas Steakhouse and ask an employee to snap a pic and email it to me :)

19. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

was there last night and it looks to be DONE. It is posted on Plugshare but I had a tough time finding it as it was dark. The area is well lighted and it is in a shopping center near 3 decent hotels and about a 2-3 block distance from Walmart and many other shopping stores and restaurants. I am traveling N in my ICE and staying in a Hotel across the street from the Rocky Mount SC. Tesla must really have put alot of thought into these locations EXCEPT the N Fla area. I noticed that my mpg was lowering going North partially because of the uphill grade. So they have put the Carolina SC closer. But the missing link is Jacksonville, I will not be able to safely make the 180 mile distance between St Augustine and Savannah. Until that is fixed, my 60 will not be traveling with me up I95.

20. AprilDelivery??

I driven 240 - 250 miles during the summer in a MS 60 . I drive at 59 mph in cruise control just like Tesla recommends and it works. You don't think you can drive in cruise control at 59 mph and make it? You can stop in Jacksonville and top off there.