Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LunchTrip to Baileys Winery NE Victoria

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another option to consider might be Gapsted. Last I heard the decision to go ahead with Destination Chargers had been taken, and it might be nice to support them and validate that decision by getting a few Teslas there. People could still overnight if they wanted but the DC option could make it a viable day trip for some as well. There are also some other 3-ph options in the area that could assist. Just a thought.

Gapsted Winery near Myrtleford is a nice spot. My wife (Pre-marriage) was a teacher at the college in Myrtleford some years back and I bet it wont take any coercion. Put up potential dates please. Would be good to confirm charge capabilities but if you head up through Euroa then the whole thing is just easy. In my case Mt Dandy to Euro is about 28kwhr and about the same again to Gapsted. Full trip about 56kwhr. With a super charge at Euroa you'd do Gapsted and some extra roaming and back to Euroa in an 85 no sweat.Lennier you'd need a top at Gapsted but either way no biggy.

I suggest a lunch to Bailey's. It is about 260ks from Melb
Sounds good, I'd probably do it as a day trip, and head home after lunch. Lennier suggested Gapstead (Myrtleford) which looks like a nice spot but its further away, and the destination chargers haven't appeared yet . . . so I'm still with electricdave and Baileys. Your idea of doing the event in Spring is good . . . just don't do it on Brewster's Drag Day on 26 Oct, or Tippo's Hill Climb on 25 September - I'd like to visit all of the events. Keep me posted,

Yeah Gapsted another time I think. Hopefully their destination chargers should be in soon. Boynton's Feathertop in Porepunkah are interested in the DC program as well so there may be more options coming up.
I got really excited for a second Lennier reading your "DC program" above as "direct current".

However I clamed down when I realised dest charger!