Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

L'utilization d'un Model S (EUs) en France

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bonjour tout le monde. Je vais l'ecrire en anglais afin de assurer que mon poste est correct.

I have a Tesla Model S with US specifications that I have shipped with me to France. Wondering if anyone has the answers to these questions:

1. I am having trouble charging the vehicle. I only get 10 mph charge via the Type 3C to J1772 plug on Autolib. I've ordered a Chademo adapter so that I can use the Belib network's Chademo connection to charge faster in Paris. Has anyone used Chademo with Belib and, if so, how fast was the charge? Similarly, I can't use the Tesla supercharger network because the European superchargers are all built for Type 2 plugs, my car has a Tesla proprietary plug used in North America, and there's no way to safely convert. So I think that leaves me with using a Chademo charger randomly throughout France for longer trips.

2. I am having trouble with Internet. My car comes with data provided by a US SIM. Tesla is able to swap for a European SIM (no price quote yet) which would get me Internet for maps/streaming radio etc. Anyone have any idea if the actual Nav system will work though? Some have said that it's based on maps stored in the vehicle's memory, and even though my car accurately geolocates me, I can't use the nav system overseas. Similarly, I could just use a usb plug-in 4G hotspot through a local mobile company. Has anyone done this? Is it fast enough to support maps, streaming audio etc? Using my iphone 3G as a hotspot gives me maps but no Slacker Internet radio and no nav system. And how much data would I need to buy anyway?

Thanks so much for your advice et au revoir.

-Mike

Bonjour, dans la section France, je pense qu'on peut écrire en français. et je maitrise mieux, donc.
Sur autolib, le 10mph/h, c'est normal, c'est du 16ampères,
Pour Belib, il y en a qui chargent, mais le cout est cher après 59min...
Sinon, en banlieue, il y a les Ikea et les Auchan.
Pour les Suc, c'est mort effectivement
Pour le reste,, passe par le center de Chambourcy ou Gennevilliers, ils te changeront surement la carte sim...
au plaisir.

1) 10mph is normal on autolib plugs, because you only have 16 amps monophase.

I think it will be better on belib plugs, but i never tried yet

2) if you have a mobile you can share your connection. I did that once it works perfectly. Use the blotooth/ wifi menu

Au revoir !