Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Luxe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email about Tesla partnering with Luxe and their valet parking service in New York and San Francisco.

It sounds too good to be true -- $5 an hour parking with valet? And they'll charge your car.

Does anyone have experience with Luxe?

I used it last time I was in NYC a few months ago.

Receipt for parking (duration: 14h 47m):
- Parking charge: $62.00
- Overnight charge(s): $15.00
- Credit used: ($60.00)

Don't think I'll use it again at full price. $77 for overnight parking is pricey even for NYC.

Also, everything you can think of is an upcharge. Want us to plug it in? There's a fee for that...

I've used Luxe a few times in SF and the one aspect that I really appreciate is that I can drop my car off at one place and have it brought back to me at a completely different location. So, if I know I'm headed to a happy hour/dinner after work in a different part of the city, I drop my car off with Luxe in the morning at my office, take a Lyft/Uber/walk from the office to wherever my next location is, and then request Luxe to drop off my car wherever I'm at. Removes the hassle of trying to find a parking spot near the apres-work spot and/of having to backtrack to the office just to get my car..

That's pretty much the only use case that I've used it for thus far, which really amounts to maybe 3 times over the past year (SF is not my typical office); however, I do find Luxe to be convenient in certain circumstances and thus far all of the 'valets' I've met have been great.

I just used Luxe in downtown Brooklyn for a court appearance. The pickup was perfect and the valets were professional. My only complaint was that it took 45-50 minutes to get the car back from the time I notified them. I requested it with 15 minutes lead time so I was cooling my heels for about a half hour. I will use them again but call for them even earlier when I am finishing up. Total charge was $22 for just over an hour, plus tip. It looks like they stop the clock when you call for them, so it should have been $11 had I known to call them earlier. Rates are posted as $11 per hour with a $39 maximum. I know there is a surcharge for overnight. Yes, there was a whole host of charges for extras that I did not take including $15 to charge your car for up to 5 hours. It does not say at what charge speed.

I have used Luxe several times in NY and have that it is a terrific service. I agree with previous posters that the best use case is to drop off the car in one location and pick it up somewhere else. This works great when going to dinner and a show or going out after work. Yes you do need to plan ahead a little bit when requesting the car return but generally 45 min is ok. Finally, the pricing is not cheap but certainly fair for NY, $11 per hour with a $39 max per day.

I've used Luxe a few times in SF and the one aspect that I really appreciate is that
I can drop my car off at one place and have it brought back to me at a completely different location.
Wow! I would never let someone driving my car, for liability reasons.

I'm always scared to give the keys of my car to a valet driver. If the valet will drive
from the front door of an hotel or a restaurant to the parking lot or the basement garage, this is fine,
but driving my car in the street, I would not take this responsibility!

There are so many stories about valets parking taking a joyride.

A driver with parking startup Luxe was involved in fatal car wreck in San Francisco

luxe-valet-driver-crash.png