Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LV Insurance OTA Premium Refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had LV insurance for the first year of owning my Model 3. During that time, I added on FSD and heated rear seats. I notified LV to ensure this was covered on my policy and they said that this was an additional charge. They viewed it as an "engine remap" for FSD and there was an additional premium due. I thought it was a bit odd but I paid it as it was not an insignificant amount.

Fast forward to now. I'm actually with Novo after my renewal was due last month. I just got a letter informing me that LV have updated their terms and conditions when it comes to OTA updates and determined that, based on the new terms, I shouldn't have been charged so they are refunding my additional premium in full (even though my policy has ended and I didn't renew with them!).

I thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone else is due a refund!

Good that they're following through with this.. there was some confusion after their T&C appeared to read that you had to contact them after every software update.
I did ask at my last renewal and they said that as long as it is just standard software updates rolled out to the cars generally, then no need to notify them. Good thing too, as according the TeslaFi I've had 36 software updates since collecting the car on 21/8/19!