Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lynchburg, VA chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not seeing any sign of supercharger development or plans between Charlottesville and Greensboro...which I think is crazy. It's almost 190 miles between superchargers on a fairly busy route. And on top of that, 3 Sheetz in the area are being heavily renovated or demolished and rebuilt, but still no sign of any superchargers.

Meanwhile... In the Virgina Supercharger dessert.... Screenshot_20190205-190311.png

Reactions: Sw0rdf1sh
I have to travel up there for work and I'm not sure how to pull it off. I think a stay at the Marriott is a must?

In addition to the Courtyard Marriott, the Craddock Terry Hotel downtown has two Tesla destination chargers now. That is a much nicer hotel too and great area.

Also, there are two other charging locations I recommend in Lynchburg. One is at a private business, BMS Direct. The owner installed two Tesla destination chargers and offers them free to use as a generosity to Tesla owners. You will have good success there. Also, there is one j1772 charger at the Liberty University Welcome Center that is open to the public and free for the first 6 hours.

Hope you have a good trip!

In addition to the Courtyard Marriott, the Craddock Terry Hotel downtown has two Tesla destination chargers now. That is a much nicer hotel too and great area.

Also, there are two other charging locations I recommend in Lynchburg. One is at a private business, BMS Direct. The owner installed two Tesla destination chargers and offers them free to use as a generosity to Tesla owners. You will have good success there. Also, there is one j1772 charger at the Liberty University Welcome Center that is open to the public and free for the first 6 hours.

I also agree that BMS is a good place to charge. James is a super guy. The only problem is that there isn't much that's really close to them (in terms of food/entertainment). The last time I went past the J1772 charger at LU, it was occupied. Check out PlugShare for some private owner options, as well.

Reactions: BlueRidgeksky

Hey, BlueRidgeksky. Just curious if you have used the charger at Liberty University and actually experienced the 6 free hours? I do recall reading that on some app like PlugShare or something, but when I used it I did not get 6 hours free. Additionally, it was quite a rip. Just curious if anyone here has actually used it and got the 6 hours free? Perhaps, I did something wrong...

Hey, BlueRidgeksky. Just curious if you have used the charger at Liberty University and actually experienced the 6 free hours? I do recall reading that on some app like PlugShare or something, but when I used it I did not get 6 hours free. Additionally, it was quite a rip. Just curious if anyone here has actually used it and got the 6 hours free? Perhaps, I did something wrong...
Sorry, can't say that I have. I was just going off of what PlugShare says. Did you go during graduation? Maybe they limited the free time during a specific period like that, but I just guessing. The free 6 hours might also just be old info. Maybe try posting your issues in the Plugshare app.