Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lynchburg, VA chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read a news article this morning and noticed the mention of "super-charging stations": New Tru by Hilton hotel coming to Campbell Co., creating 20 jobs. I've emailed both contacts listed on the story to see if they are planning to put in EV chargers (or possible SuCs?) at the site. I'll post again when I have more information. My fingers are crossed, this would be an excellent location for chargers in central Virginia (basically at the intersection of Rt 460 and Rt 29). Hilton has been a great proponent for EV charging, so this would make sense. http://newsroom.hilton.com/index.cfm/news/hilton-sparks-major-expansion-of-charging-stations-for-electric-vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson
That's weird, there aren't any superchargers on Tesla's future map for Lynchburg that I can see at all.... There are a couple of destination chargers, but the nearest planned SuC's are the ones in Charlottesville. I wonder if people are 'co-opting' the name and calling any L2 charger 'supercharging' now, which would be a pain.

Edit: Lol, I think, after reading that marketing blurb and the context, they are talking about charging for iPads/phones, etc. :D

Tech savvy hotel with mobile check-in, Digital Key, free superfast Wi-Fi, remote printing, social media wall, lobby and market iPads, super-charging stations, and accessibility to outlets everywhere
upload_2017-8-3_12-26-31.png

Reactions: boaterva
I stopped by today to check out the chargers at the Courtyard Marriott in Lynchburg. There are 2 chargers situated at the front corner of the parking lot and they both appear to be configured to provide up to 80A of energy (the max for the units). I stopped by the front desk to thank the folks for putting them in. They had cones blocking the closest spots, but they installed the longer cables so they could easily reach cars parked two spots over.
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

Reactions: BobV and Thinkje
Still surprised there's no supercharger planned for the middle of the state west of Richmond and South of Charlottesville (South Boston doesn't count, and Roanoke is too far West). A lot of people travel Rt 460 and Rt 29. Lynchburg or Farmville makes sense to me, and although my preference would be Lynchburg, I could see why they might choose Farmville.

I was in town for business and went to check out the new charging options. It was a bit of good and bad. The good...great signage, good spacing, clearly labeled as Tesla and EV spots, and a Model 3. The bad... the chargers, despite the signage to be respectful of those needing charge, were being used as privileged parking with chargers still in the dock and unconnected to cars. Being in the general EV dead-zone that is Central VA, the chargers are welcome, but the EV etiquette hopefully will improve as more Teslas and EVs show up in town.

Reactions: BlueRidgeksky
El Cazador is a little further down route 29S in Altavista (where there is a destination charger @ Two Sisters Taproom) Altavista, VA: New Destination Charging location opening soon There are a few good Mexican places in Lynchburg, Fiesta Tapatia is our favorite and La Caretta is a staple of the area.

no, there's also one in the Appamatox Shoppes. In the back corner next to Kroger. It may be a local chain, might not be. I don't live there, so I don't know.

Reactions: swengl