Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnfield, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to the town and they said:

"Tesla inquired about siting a charging stations at Market Street. They were offered to appear before the Planning Board and we placed it on our agenda, but Tesla never responded and never appeared."

Nothing really new just confirmation of the above update ..
From meeting minutes
"Tesla has plans to add super charging stations at Market Street in a few select locations. B. Charville confirms plans have been discussed at Planning Board level, but no recent approvals or decisions have been made."
https://www.town.lynnfield.ma.us/si.../market_street_advisory_minutes_9-28-2017.pdf

Still no movement on the Lynnfield Supercharger. Minutes from February:
3. TESLA CHARGING STATION, MARKET STREET

No representative for Tesla was present. The matter was not taken up
Minutes | Lynnfield MA

I cannot find anything about Burlington online, assume also no action under way.
Not sure we will see any supercharger in this area in 2018

Still no movement on the Lynnfield Supercharger. Minutes from February:
3. TESLA CHARGING STATION, MARKET STREET

No representative for Tesla was present. The matter was not taken up
Minutes | Lynnfield MA

I cannot find anything about Burlington online, assume also no action under way.
Not sure we will see any supercharger in this area in 2018

Because pins tend to shift around, unless we find out otherwise, I think the consensus here on the forum is that the permitted site in Woburn became the Burlington site.

It would be nice to be wrong and we get both, but the Woburn site is still very accessible.

Spoke to representative of the outdoor Mall. Lynnfield approved on 10/10/2018 a supercharger site on their property. Not sure about when, but hopefully this year.
Oh gosh, that is an almost impossible time frame to be done by end of this year if just approved. If you look at an "average" time to go from site selection, permit, construction, online, it is several months. Heck for that matter, there are some locations that have been in permit stage for over 6 months before construction even begins. Look at Woburn MA as an example. It's been in permit stage for over 8 months !

Oh gosh, that is an almost impossible time frame to be done by end of this year if just approved. If you look at an "average" time to go from site selection, permit, construction, online, it is several months. Heck for that matter, there are some locations that have been in permit stage for over 6 months before construction even begins. Look at Woburn MA as an example. It's been in permit stage for over 8 months !

The actual site is in the parking lot of the Lahey Health Hub which just opened this month (October). Probably won’t be held up as long as Woburn.

Here is the site plan from one of the PDFs.

upload_2018-10-12_21-43-40.png

Woburn site has been scratched from Tesla Supercharger map. I'm guessing Woburn site is dead.
I don't think Woburn was ever listed on the Tesla Supercharger future site list. Burlington has been listed for a while now, and I thinks speculation is that is actually the Woburn site. Burlington is a good site as well - perhaps at the Burlington Mall as there is plenty of space. But Burlington + Woburn both - probably too close.

Reactions: Dan_A
Woburn was on both Tesla Supercharge map and Supercharge.info for a long time. Telsa even went through the permitting process.

Now if you go to Tesla's supercharge map, Woburn has disappeared but it is still on supercharge.info map. As much as I like to have a supercharger at Burlington since I live there, I think Woburn site makes more sense as it serves both 93 & 95/128.

With the influx of Model 3 in Mass and NE, I think it makes more sense to increase the density of supercharger alone all major route, especially 93 & 95. Some of the superchargers in mass is un-usable if you ask me.