Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnwood WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 872340A2-4CA9-45C0-9601-847521D1A99E.jpeg
    872340A2-4CA9-45C0-9601-847521D1A99E.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 8A582663-4E80-4DAA-B518-52520DD18908.jpeg
    8A582663-4E80-4DAA-B518-52520DD18908.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
It's probably not even testing.

There are just quite a few Tesla's in the area so I imagine people are stopping by to give a looksy.

So to someone driving by it looks like they're charging.
I've been known to back up to a pre-opening SC to take a photo...

My thought when seeing the photos above was "they haven't numbered the stanchions yet, it can't be open". Then I wondered "how do they number the urban Superchargers". I looked at other installations -- they DON'T number them. I guess the numbers are just to avoid vehicles using the same pair when charging -- not a factor here!

Last edited:
Sorry for the false information. Apparently they saw a Tesla parked there and thought it was charging.

I was excited because this would be the closest SC to our home and also near friends and family we frequently visit.

However now that we have 14-50 charging at home, we might rarely need this.

Sorry for the false information. Apparently they saw a Tesla parked there and thought it was charging.

I was excited because this would be the closest SC to our home and also near friends and family we frequently visit.

However now that we have 14-50 charging at home, we might rarely need this.

As an aside it isn't great for your battery to use DC charging often. In fact your car will start throttling DC charging speeds if you charge too much using DC.

Isn't all charging of the battery DC? ;)

My pedantry has been bested. You are correct, it is. I was referring to DC source charging instead of AC being converted to DC. DC source charging bypasses the AC/DC converter and the car will throttle DC source charging from that point forward. On my trip from Phoenix (where I took delivery) to Seattle I hit 12~ superchargers and eventually got throttled at 92kW. Took 2~ months before I was able to charge at 100kW+ again.

I keep saying it's awaiting a transformer, does anyone have a picture what it's supposed to look like? I thought the transformers here would be underground.

BTW, they probably wrapped it in yellow tape because we keep showing up to test it out :)
It's a big green metal electrical box that will go on the (now empty) concrete pad in the 2nd picture from Kuhz in post #101 in this thread. There's no reason to bother trying to plug in until that transformer is placed.