Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnwood WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1685.JPG
I think the Lynnwood supercharger is going in at the Alderwood mall.

Don't have much to base this on but this pic I had my wife snap as we were exiting near the recently closed Sears location. Sorry it's not great we were pulling out the driveway and in motion.

But I think they are digging right near the street utility line. And though this location would be a long walk to the food court, the closed Sears had a Land Use Proposal sign that says they are building street level restaurants and retail, so it will eventually be a short walk to many choices (link: 201702087 - LYNNWOOD CITY OF - SEPA Administration). Also the chance or being ICEd here is slim to none.

They have this entire row coned off with enough room to install a 12-20 bay supercharger. It's on the side near Alderwood Mall Parkway and Beech Road if anyone wants to look it up on Google Maps and has fairly good freeway access from I405 and I5.

Exciting! We're about 20 mins from Lynnwood. Not exactly sure how/why we'd use it, but cool to see them popping up all over nonetheless!

Thanks for starting the threat and looking forward to watching it.

I drove by last night. I'm skeptical that this is going to be a supercharger, but I will say that this was the most likely location that I picked out when I scouted the entire Alderwood Mall property a couple months ago. And obviously Alderwood Mall is a likely candidate for the Lynnwood pin on the COMING SOON supercharger map. Thus far we have an area of dug up asphalt which is about 10 parking spots wide and adjacent to 3 pre-existing transformers. I did not see any trenching, any flags or markings and certainly nothing with the Tesla label on it.

There is really nothing in close walking distance other than the See's Candy store. The movie theater and all the restaurants near it are something like a quarter mile hike across the parking lot and around the mall. And I think the portion of the mall nearest the site is just a moribund Sears store. I will say that this spot would not have much in terms of ICEing however :)

Anyways, I drive by this area a few times a week at off-peak hours so I'll keep an eye on it and let you guys know if I see any progress.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
I drove by last night. I'm skeptical that this is going to be a supercharger, but I will say that this was the most likely location that I picked out when I scouted the entire Alderwood Mall property a couple months ago. And obviously Alderwood Mall is a likely candidate for the Lynnwood pin on the COMING SOON supercharger map. Thus far we have an area of dug up asphalt which is about 10 parking spots wide and adjacent to 3 pre-existing transformers. I did not see any trenching, any flags or markings and certainly nothing with the Tesla label on it.

There is really nothing in close walking distance other than the See's Candy store. The movie theater and all the restaurants near it are something like a quarter mile hike across the parking lot and around the mall. And I think the portion of the mall nearest the site is just a moribund Sears store. I will say that this spot would not have much in terms of ICEing however :)

Anyways, I drive by this area a few times a week at off-peak hours so I'll keep an eye on it and let you guys know if I see any progress.

Damn. Since we were just driving by, I couldn't tell much but I thought the pile indicated more that just some scraped up asphalt. And if it did, I think they'd have made more progress by now than just that work. I was there more than a week ago. Ah well, maybe that's a first step and permitting is holding up step two. :)

That said, the current walk to food is rough (you could go walk toward the old Sears where it's much closer to PF Changs and Macaroni Grill as well) but remember that Sears building is being torn down and replaced with all new restaurants and retail. So it won't be a long walk to food for long...IF that's the SC location.

Good scouting!

Nothing new to report at either Fred Meyer in Lynnwood, but there is some interesting activity at the Alderwood mall.

There is now at least some activity in the area near the transformer. It could be other work related to the demo of Sears but I hope it means a Supercharger install. Again, nothing solid and no trenching...just my photos from today. Grains of salt required, but hope springs eternal!

Attachments

• 6D77BFC4-83A8-4AD5-9908-D742575A6AEB.jpeg
    6D77BFC4-83A8-4AD5-9908-D742575A6AEB.jpeg
    611.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 07415800-C24A-4C84-80F4-897940C28DB6.jpeg
    07415800-C24A-4C84-80F4-897940C28DB6.jpeg
    922.5 KB · Views: 128
Ha, ha. That’s true. I was intending to take the picture of the new contractor’s office in the background of that photo. That’s something that appeared in the last month that is likely for the Sears demolition. I’m just hoping that it’s part of a larger project for that NW end of the Alderwood Mall that includes super chargers.

Nothing new to report at either Fred Meyer in Lynnwood, but there is some interesting activity at the Alderwood mall.

There is now at least some activity in the area near the transformer. It could be other work related to the demo of Sears but I hope it means a Supercharger install. Again, nothing solid and no trenching...just my photos from today. Grains of salt required, but hope springs eternal!
Doubt it will even come in 2017. I'm betting (maybe early) 2018... I'd imagine the Seattle/Bellevue/Portland would be a higher priority.

Doubt it will even come in 2017. I'm betting (maybe early) 2018... I'd imagine the Seattle/Bellevue/Portland would be a higher priority.
Lynnwood is a very specific location which usually means they already have a deal in place. For whatever reason that has been slow to come to fruition however. I scouted the Fred Meyers and Alderwood Mall (did not drive up every floor of all the garages this time though) last week and didn't see anything. I also don't see anything in these pics that looks promising. The wait continues.

We spend a lot of time in the Lynnwood area- been keeping an eye on the fence by the old Sears, Looks to me like the prep for the tear down. No supercharger there- Looked at Fred Meyer too (196th and 44th) I even looked at the other Fred Meyer on Alderwood Parkway. No activity in that parking lot either. I'm inclined to think we aren't going to see this one in 2017. But there is always hope. I haven't checked the hotels yet- I'll try to do that next time we're up there

We spend a lot of time in the Lynnwood area- been keeping an eye on the fence by the old Sears, Looks to me like the prep for the tear down. No supercharger there- Looked at Fred Meyer too (196th and 44th) I even looked at the other Fred Meyer on Alderwood Parkway. No activity in that parking lot either. I'm inclined to think we aren't going to see this one in 2017. But there is always hope. I haven't checked the hotels yet- I'll try to do that next time we're up there
I've checked the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express on the east side of I-5. Nothing going on at either place.

I just called the Lynnwood city planning office. Spoke to Todd, and he hadn't heard anything yet. The Supercharger in Sequim is on a Holiday Inn parking lot, shared with a Black Bear Diner. The property owner stated during the grand opening that Tesla did the install and Tesla bills them for the power consumed. So, the same thing could be in the works for Lynnwood. And perhaps a building permit would not be in Tesla's name.