Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 alarm keeps false triggering. How to stop it?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the last 2 days, my Model 3 has false alarmed about 10 times and its starting to seriously annoy all the neighbours!

I have done a full reboot and reset, removed the Sentry USB (as I head these can cause issues if they are faulty). I have tried with sentry mode on or off. The only difference is when it triggers with Sentry on it goes full mental, otherwise it just does the standard alarm.

I can't get through to Tesla support. I was on hold for 30 mins earlier and then it just cut off. Tried the emergency line but it also didn't go through. I appreciate this is not really a proper emergency either.

Also my app fails to book a service appointment. Nightmare all around!

I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Check if there are any insects inside the car setting the motion sensors off.

Would be a drain on battery but you could leave it plugged in and in dog mode until Tesla can get to you. At least then the car will stay locked and the motion sensors deactivated.

Mine seems to have become more sensitive this last week. Loud passing traffic has set the alarm off 5 or 6 times. Prior to this week the alarm only triggered maybe twice in 10 months - and one of those times it was being rammed by another car.

2020.28.6 installed for me on the 6th. Does make me wonder if something was changed with that update?

I got a notification that the alarm is going off...after it stopped...i dont know if me walking up to it stopped it or opening the app...it just kinda fizzled out.. really weird...sentry mode not armed as its outside my house but surely that would be a feature to have...if the alarm goes off...start recording you may not catch what causes it going off but if it was real and some sprog was running off you might catch them on camera...is that not a pretty glaring oversight?

Reactions: Adopado
Same thing happened to me. I have cctv pointed at the car and nothing went near it so I scheduled a service so they could do a remote diagnostic and got this back
433662D1-187B-4042-B45C-C9E367139450.jpeg

Reactions: Roy W.
I just received “Car alarm has been triggered” and “Sentry mode has triggered the alarm state” notifications on my phone. The car’s alarm was going off and music was blaring loudly. It then stopped by itself. I checked my CCTV and nothing triggered it externally. First time this has happened since I got my M3 a year ago.

Just to add another case to the thread, my alarm just went off, twice in 5 minutes.

My office desk looks out of a window about 50cm from the car. No one was around it yet the alarm triggered due to a sentry mode event.

Starting to think this is an issue with 2020.28.6

Mine has been going off twice in the last week parked in a shared garage.
Not a constant alarm either. It runs for maybe ten seconds, then stops for ten seconds, and starts again.
The topping is I do not get a notification on the app, rather from the neighbours...
And I cant seem to stop the alarm with keycard or app, only when I reset the car.
And front lights is not blinking, only audio alarm.

Mine went off 2 nights ago for the first time since I got the carl. Didn't even realise it was mine for a long time. No music? Just the high pitch beeping.

CCTV shows nothing near it, had a root around inside the cabin but no signs of anything alive. Locked it up and hasn't gone off since (touch wood)

Mine has been going off twice in the last week parked in a shared garage.
Not a constant alarm either. It runs for maybe ten seconds, then stops for ten seconds, and starts again.
The topping is I do not get a notification on the app, rather from the neighbours...
And I cant seem to stop the alarm with keycard or app, only when I reset the car.
And front lights is not blinking, only audio alarm.
I've been getting that too, i got so fed up i unplugged the siren and i'll see what happens after the next update or it's back to the SC