Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 and a Bolt, TWC x 2, one 30-amp circuit: Will it work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ours had been fine (~14 months old, Smart/40a/N6-50), and definitely does not get that warm (I checked with a pyrometer to compare the old outlet - see below), even with a long charger of adding like +60-70%, so that does sound like either a squirrely unit.

I think I've seen you post in some charging setup threads, so I think I recall you were down with the better brand receptacles - but FWIW, when I replaced our "discount brand" with a better one, the temps went down quite a bit too.

Bummer about your CS experience, I've heard such good things about that specifically, a couple of folks on another site, one got a quick replacement, the other was able to swap his smart for a standard, and get refunded the difference without a lot of hassle.
The Grizzl-E was very finicky with the Bryant outlet. I may try to get the Hubbell brand if I can get a good price on one. If not I’ll go TWC and hardwire.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Personally, in this situation, I would buy a TeslaTap Mini and just charge the cars one at a time on alternating days with the existing Mobile Connector. My family never has a critical need to charge both cars on the same night, and one of our cars only has 100 mile range.