Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 and MY eligible for CA CVRP rebate after Tesla price cuts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the email I received from CVRP this morning:

The bold text was highlighted in the email. I think Tesla models will eventually be added to the list, but I'm no longer sure that the eligibility will be retroactive. I don't get why they make certain PHEVs non-retroactive and other EVs retroactive.
I called the CVRP yesterday and they told me to reach out to the ARB. I received this email from the ARB this morning.

"Hello,

With Tesla’s recent price reduction for the Model 3 and Model Y, those vehicles will once again be eligible for CVRP, pending Tesla completing necessary documentation to add them to the CVRP eligible vehicle list. Until the vehicles are on the list, consumers purchasing and taking delivery of MY 2023 Tesla Model 3s and Model Ys remain ineligible for a rebate. The delivery date of the vehicle must be AFTER the models are added to the CVRP eligibility list.

Thank you"

Hello,
Please see the reply below regarding the Tesla CVRP eligibility we received from the CVRP staff:
Due to the recent price reduction, Model Year 2023 Tesla Model 3 and Model Y vehicles can once again be eligible for CVRP rebates, however, Tesla still needs to go through the formal application process to get the vehicles added to CVRP’s eligibility list. Once approved, the vehicles will be added to the eligibility list located on the CVRP website at Eligible Vehicles | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. We cannot provide an exact date as to when the vehicles will be added to the list but we expect the approval to happen in the coming weeks. Until these vehicles are added to the CVRP eligible vehicle list, consumers purchasing and taking delivery of model year 2023 Model 3s and Model Ys remain ineligible for a rebate. This means that vehicles purchased at the new, lower price points must be delivered AFTER they are added to the list to be eligible for a rebate.

Reactions: cwerdna
Hello,
Please see the reply below regarding the Tesla CVRP eligibility we received from the CVRP staff:
Due to the recent price reduction, Model Year 2023 Tesla Model 3 and Model Y vehicles can once again be eligible for CVRP rebates, however, Tesla still needs to go through the formal application process to get the vehicles added to CVRP’s eligibility list. Once approved, the vehicles will be added to the eligibility list located on the CVRP website at Eligible Vehicles | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. We cannot provide an exact date as to when the vehicles will be added to the list but we expect the approval to happen in the coming weeks. Until these vehicles are added to the CVRP eligible vehicle list, consumers purchasing and taking delivery of model year 2023 Model 3s and Model Ys remain ineligible for a rebate. This means that vehicles purchased at the new, lower price points must be delivered AFTER they are added to the list to be eligible for a rebate.
I think it's retroactive? 3 months maybe?

No, they explicitly state "vehicles purchased at the new, lower price points must be delivered AFTER they are added to the list to be eligible for a rebate." So if you take delivery before they are added, don't count on getting the CVRP rebate.
I understood what they said, but I also saw another post who also asked CVRP and said 3 months retroactive. I don't just don't think they know anything certain yet. But I like to think it's retroactive.

Reactions: tfan1210
Hello,
Does this mean Tesla has applied?

No, they explicitly state "vehicles purchased at the new, lower price points must be delivered AFTER they are added to the list to be eligible for a rebate." So if you take delivery before they are added, don't count on getting the CVRP rebate.
Incorrect, per CVRP page updated with new
1B2535AC-C9C2-4BFD-98CD-E13706594AE6.jpeg
info on Model 3 and Y