Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Autopilot Not Configuring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I took delivery of my Model 3 two weeks ago, have put 253k's onto it and the Autopilot has still not configured - the steering wheel icon just looks to be stuck on the final 5-ish percent. I have not been driving on freeways, could that be it? I've see a few people post saying it has taken a while for them, but this seems too long?

• Disagree
Reactions: OUengineer
Hi there, I took delivery of my Model 3 two weeks ago, have put 253k's onto it and the Autopilot has still not configured - the steering wheel icon just looks to be stuck on the final 5-ish percent. I have not been driving on freeways, could that be it? I've see a few people post saying it has taken a while for them, but this seems too long?

Yes, it's too long for 253k so it's time for a Service Center visit.

Yes, it's too long for 253k so it's time for a Service Center visit.
If the OP hasn't been on a multi-lane road, then it's not time for service center. You MUST drive it on clear well marked multi-lane roads in order to calibrate autopilot. In my case, my car was calibrated in under 10 miles before I even got onto a freeway because I was on a 4 lane highway before I hit the freeway.

Reactions: Jonnywallace