Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 AWD LR Non P Vbox run(S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised at how much better it is than the number (which includes the rollout) on Tesla's website. You're seeing 4.3 seconds, right now they list 4.5 seconds, and I don't know what it was exactly before the 5% announcement (I don't attempt to keep track).

The AWD is the only one where they did not change the 0-60 after the 5% announcement.

Which along with the rollout BS was likely also to keep from cannibalizing P sales....all other versions of the car dropped by 0.1 seconds 0-60, both faster and slower, in their posted spec.

Reactions: phantasms
The AWD is the only one where they did not change the 0-60 after the 5% announcement.

Which along with the rollout BS was likely also to keep from cannibalizing P sales....all other versions of the car dropped by 0.1 seconds 0-60, both faster and slower, in their posted spec.

It's too bad we don't have data from this AWD vehicle before the update (good data that is). Daniel's plot posted above also shows 4.6s though, and that was from before the update. So it seems faster now. But two different vehicles...etc....

I thought from another post you made, you thought that the software update 5.15 did not increase the power (based on some dyno testing or reddit thread or something). I really haven't been keeping track, as I said. I certainly have not retested my car.

It's too bad we don't have data from this AWD vehicle before the update (good data that is). Daniel's plot posted above also shows 4.6s though, and that was from before the update. So it seems faster now. But two different vehicles...etc....

I thought from another post you made, you thought that the software update 5.15 did not increase the power (based on some dyno testing or reddit thread or something). I really haven't been keeping track, as I said. I certainly have not retested my car.

Yeah a guy on reddit tested before/after and saw no difference (but different test)

I was mainly talking about how the advertised 0-60 didn't change for AWD (but did for everything else) after they announced the 5% update was coming soon.

Graph here-
Imgur

Thread here-
Performance improvements with latest update? (AWD) : teslamotors

I put in 8 Dragy runs tonight on 2019.5.15. Pretty much same times as I was getting on the 2018.50.6 runs back in February (those runs in last shot) - same road / tires / temps / SoC / weight. Best valid run tonight to 60 was a 4.36 and 8.18 1/8th mile. Unless there's more pull happening on the upper end that I'm not feeling - I don't think the 5% has hit the AWD yet, but I could totally be wrong.

Screenshot_20190316-003053.png
Screenshot_20190316-003222.png
Screenshot_20190316-003336.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190316-004956.png
    Screenshot_20190316-004956.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 30
Also, Alan, what’s the M3P do data wise on those specific speed boundaries you asked for earlier in the thread?

I plan to gather time splits at 5mph intervals with the VBOX before and after the software update in the next couple weeks. For the existing data I have for the P3D, I don't have all the splits that I asked you to get. I have (for a 3.36s run):

0-20 => 0.85s (keep in mind this number reported by VBOX table subtracts the rollout; it's actually about 1.15s)
20-40 => 1.12s
40-60 => 1.39s

I plan to gather time splits at 5mph intervals with the VBOX before and after the software update in the next couple weeks. For the existing data I have for the P3D, I don't have all the splits that I asked you to get. I have (for a 3.36s run):

0-20 => 0.85s (keep in mind this number reported by VBOX table subtracts the rollout; it's actually about 1.15s)
20-40 => 1.12s
40-60 => 1.39s

Ah ok. Well let me know exactly what numbers you may want from me. I've been known to spend a lot of personal time for a forum post that maybe no one will ever read. lol Want me to set for 5mph splits as well? I'm not sure I'll get back out there before the update....unless I never get it. [Sads....when will I get the update?!??!?] lol

Wow..your 40-60 is only slightly slower than my 20-40. The P must be such a fun ride. I will make sure I never ever drive one as I don't want my AWD to be underwhelming. :)

Best,
Gene

Reactions: SammichLover