Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Best Time to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all
New member here who has browsing all the threads for a few weeks to glean information and what a great forum it is.

I currently have a Leaf but have to decide to trade up to an M3 but when is the best to buy / order an M3. I know that Tesla push for quarter end targets but do they reduce prices near the end of the quarter to hit that target?
If they do then great I will monitor prices by the hour or does someone already do that and post the information. If not then I will place my order in July and then follow the ship tracking post to await for my car to arrive.

Any advice or help really appreciated

Reactions: M3noob
Welcome!

There is no real discernible pattern to Tesla pricing, there has recently been some shenanigans due to the changes in gov grants, but as a rule there is no reduction to encourage uptake…. No real need.

My advice, get your order in and, as you say, rely on @Mr Miserable to keep you entertained!

Don’t forget to use a referral code when you place your order 😉

Reactions: Durzel
With chip shortages being what they are I'd say there's more chance the prices will go up than down. As @Jez_GB said they pretty much sell these cars hand over fist as it is, so there is no real incentive for them to lower prices, and every incentive to do the opposite.

The only variable - which is basically unknowable really - is if/when they might make changes to the specification, etc.

If you can move quickly, and you want something like EAP of FSD, then start looking at inventory now. On the run up to the end of a quarter they will look to shift as much inventory as possible. Tesla rarely discount the price of the car itself unless a demo car, what they more typically do is bundle in something like EAP or FSD cheaper than buying it as an option. At the end of last year they bundled a years free supercharging. We're close to the end of the half year and there's something like 70 inventory cars listed at the moment so there is capacity.

There's a useful guide that explains this and other options and its the say I saved on mine, they also make discounts pretty clear on the inventory pages. It looks like a ex demo car has £1700 off at the moment.

You will need to take delivery by the end of the month to get these deals though.

Tesla don't have dealerships and so this traditional source of discounts is not available.
I think this quarter is in the bag already. The cars arrived from Shanghai with plenty of time to get them delivered and they deliberately held back some deliveries from May to ensure the June figures will be a knockout.
I don't see any bargains in the offing soon, demand is still too high.
I don't see any panic to achieve the figures this quarter.

Order ASAP. if the prices go down you should be able to get the reduction if before delivery ( you can always cancel and reorder) if they go up you can generally keep your old price. if it arrives too soon for you just call them and ask to defer it. There really is no downside to ordering early

Reactions: Jez_GB
Order ASAP. if the prices go down you should be able to get the reduction if before delivery ( you can always cancel and reorder) if they go up you can generally keep your old price. if it arrives too soon for you just call them and ask to defer it. There really is no downside to ordering early
I ordered mine yesterday through a lease company and they said exactly the same thing to me ( I have it in writing!)

I know that Tesla push for quarter end targets but do they reduce prices near the end of the quarter to hit that target?
Tesla do occasionally offer incentives in the last week of the quarter such as free super charging for a year or a 3 month Full Self Driving trial. The former being more valuable than the latter, if you're planning to do a lot of miles.

The trend recently seems to be that the price of the cars are increasing, and other than the removal of radar I'm not aware of any big functional changes on the horizon with the Model 3.

Hi all
New member here who has browsing all the threads for a few weeks to glean information and what a great forum it is.

I currently have a Leaf but have to decide to trade up to an M3 but when is the best to buy / order an M3. I know that Tesla push for quarter end targets but do they reduce prices near the end of the quarter to hit that target?
If they do then great I will monitor prices by the hour or does someone already do that and post the information. If not then I will place my order in July and then follow the ship tracking post to await for my car to arrive.

Any advice or help really appreciated
Ordering now, you have the potential for an end June Delivery... Leave it a bit longer and its more likely anytime between August and end of September :)

They don't seem to offer any notable incentives - although specifications and options do randomly change - I wanted the white interior but it had disappeared when I came to order... it's back again now though on the SR+.

The M3 itself has been recently updated with the newly changed interior, heat pump and new style battery so it's a good time to get a Tesla, as others have stated Tesla don't do the usual Car selling tactics (which sometimes is a breath of fresh air!) so the price that's quoted is the price you pay. As a Leaf owner you already have first hand knowledge of EV's so should be a great upgrade to what you had.

And as others have said, use a referral code prior to ordering, plenty on here (myself included) will be willing to share our code to give you some free supercharger mileage.

I asked this very question on the Live Chat before ordering.

I got a discounted LR, which was £500 off as it had done 300 miles demoing. I asked if that could come down any more due to it being excess stock at the end of the quarter, and was told the prices are set globally so no wiggle room whatsoever.

If you order now then you'll get it by the end of the month. I ordered yesterday (17th) from Inventory and already have a collection date of next Saturday (26th), pending payment.

We have been conditioned to believe buying a car is like buying a horse, no price is real and everything is negotiable, including the "trade in". Then, when the price is agreed the seller tries to sell you a range of add on services, on which the seller gets a healthy commission. We have put up with this rubbish for years: Tesla is a welcome change.

Chose a car, order online, sell your existing car through an organisation like WBAC and then pay for your Tesla.
If you want alloy wheel insurance, gap insurance, etc, go and buy it.

It is a refreshing change, I will never go back to the bloated, smug, patronising, traditional dealers again.

Reactions: Doudeau