Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 charge port closing when plugged in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cardo

Sep 22, 2020
Surrey, UK
Since the latest update to 2021.12.25.7 my MiC 2021 M3 has been doing some odd things in relation to charging. Charging itself seems to work fine, and the car still behaves well with my Zappi, including coping with the occasional stop/start due to passing clouds when charging on excess PV. However, when the car is charging, I occasionally receive charging interrupted notifications, despite there being no obvious reason for this. Looking at the logs, it does appear charging stops for a second or two, but then carries on. This seems to happen even if I’m fast charging, so the Zappi wouldn’t cause the charge to stop. So far, the charge has always resumed and by the time I check on it everything looks normal. In addition to this, I’ve also noticed the charge port flap will randomly try to close even though the car is plugged in. I think this is only happening when the car isn’t actually charging, but obviously it shouldn’t be doing this. The car is recognising it is plugged in, as seen on the display when I plug it in. When it does this I find the flap resting against the plug. When I remove the plug, the flap closes properly, and seems to behave normally.

I hadn’t experienced any of this, previous to this latest update. I am aware there do appear to be some odd charging glitches that seem to have crept in with the latest update. Should I wait for the next update, or set up (another) service appointment?