Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Delivery Date (skipped a month)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I need to get my order in VERY soon. There’s not much to choose from, I have been dithering over paying £1,500 for the 19” wheels. I presume I can make changes (add the 19") after paying the £100 up until ??? date?

Looks like I need to get my order in VERY soon. There’s not much to choose from, I have been dithering over paying £1,500 for the 19” wheels. I presume I can make changes (add the 19") after paying the £100 up until ??? date?
Don't think so you order for a certain configuration and if you change you lose your place in the line, you may or may not be lucky as to whether there is a car matching the new configuration available. Or at least that's my understanding

Panic over . . .. . I’ve just checked again and it’s Feb for the short range and still on December for the long range! Bit disappointed as I would like to get it done. I also called them and they said that the range didn’t alter regardless of 18” or 19” (which I don’t believe but . . .)

Does anyone know what I will lose on range if I choose the 19" wheels ?
I would say so, I don't believe anybody has tested range with the new style wheels but with the old style 19's there was a drop.

Here are the figures with the old wheels Teslike.com

Also in regards to your original question, once December cars are all allocated the delivery date will jump to February with no deliveries likely to take place in January.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Function over form but it’s a personal choice. I went for the 19”’s as those for me looked better, the 18”’s some prefer and not only do you reportedly a few more miles they give a more plush ride.

Coming from an i3s I tested the 21”’s in a performance and it was as rock hard as the bm, I also trialled them 19”’s and they rode well compared to my previous experience. If the Aeros were all silver rather than black I’d probably have saved myself £1500. The choice as they say is yours.

argh having the same dilemma - order currently white / black on 18. The cost of the lease goes up by £37 pm if I add the 19s. I would prefer these but just can’t justify the cost on a lease - besides roads around us are terrible so a more supple ride would be preferred. Just can’t make my mind up.

argh having the same dilemma - order currently white / black on 18. The cost of the lease goes up by £37 pm if I add the 19s. I would prefer these but just can’t justify the cost on a lease - besides roads around us are terrible so a more supple ride would be preferred. Just can’t make my mind up.
It's a lease car - stick to the 18s. It's still a bit of a firm ride though...

Certainly the sensible and rational part of my brain says so - 18s. Besides I won’t be driving the car much, it’s for my wife and something I can have fun with on the weekends. She couldn’t care less if she is driving a Tesla or VW ID3.