Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 delivery old software?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had delivery 7/3, needless to say they were pumping them out 4 at a time , delivery estimate 15 minutes, I knew more than the employees :) Found out that it does not have the newest software? you would think that they would install the newest update in prep for delivery? I ordered FSD last minute they said they installed it, why not update the car? I'm not even sure they did FSD as it was last minute and they actual moved up my delivery by 2 days.
Afraid the more they deliver the worse the customer service will get.

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
FSD should be easy, as it's a flag on your account. That can be added at any time. You would think every new car would have the 'current software' push set, as they don't even have to do anything, it will download and be installed when you get it.

For FSD, use one of the apps to see what options your car has (TeslaFi or RemoteS both do it, don't know if the free trial of TeslaFi does...).

There isn't even anything to add for FSD right now as it doesn't do anything at all.

As for the latest software, which version did you get? Which version are you calling the latest? There are some issues with 24.1 and its possible they have paused the rollout as it looks like only a few cars have gotten it recently.

The latest firmware for Model 3 in widespread release is 2018.21.9. What did you get? You don’t necessarily want the latest that someone got, you want the latest in widespread release. Let someone else experience the problems of new firmware. Also there is no FSD firmware yet no matter if you paid for it or not. You paid for it being activated in the future when it’s available.

Last edited:
Just had delivery 7/3, needless to say they were pumping them out 4 at a time , delivery estimate 15 minutes, I knew more than the employees :) Found out that it does not have the newest software? you would think that they would install the newest update in prep for delivery? I ordered FSD last minute they said they installed it, why not update the car? I'm not even sure they did FSD as it was last minute and they actual moved up my delivery by 2 days.
Afraid the more they deliver the worse the customer service will get.

Just wait a day or two, it should update itself. It is probably better for you to see the update process early than to see the new features.

Anticipation!

What he wants to be sure is that if he paid for FSD, it's on the car. So when some FSD feature comes out (that isn't in EAP), he actually gets it without going through some weeks-long back and forth with Corporate. It doesn't matter when that happens, it's a lot easier to do that now than a year from now.

We are still promised features for FSD that are a lot short of Level 4 or 5 autonomy. Those of us that paid for FSD want them when they appear. :D