Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Dimensions for garage layout?

Gvardaman

Oct 30, 2020
So. California
Hello,
I am waiting on a model 3 (due in 1-3 weeks) and want to rearrange the garage to be able to park a car in it once more.
So, I was looking for dimensions so that I can make sure I leave space for the car, doors opening, etc.
I will be moving some toolboxes and work tables over and there is too much “stuff” to simply empty the entire area.

I looked on here and also on the Tesla site, but can’t find the overall outside dimensions.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Gvardaman

Oct 30, 2020
So. California
Well, my next question would be: How far out are the open doors?
I would expect the mirrors to add a foot or so, (6” per side, beyond the widest point, mid-door) but I hope to leave more space on either side, regardless.

scooter62

Dec 7, 2019
Tampa
My garage parking spot is 10’ x 17’. That allows for doors to open one notch and room to walk in front and squeeze around between the car and garage door.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC