Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My frunk has UMC plus all the adapters, Type 2 cable, jacking pads, tyre plugging kit, internal windscreen reflective shield, first aid kit. It’s sometimes referred to as the “curry boot” because despite all the other clobber there’s still room for carry outs. Being an older version our car has built-in hooking points in the frunk to keep the carry out bags in place on the drive home.

Reactions: Jacks11 and Durzel
Is it easy to fit the motorised opening?
That’s a very subjective question! If you have experience tinkering, it’s not particularly onerous. The instructions aren’t the best as they tend to skip ahead so you have to improvise some bits, but there’s not that much to it and it’s all fairly straightforward. I happily fitted it myself, but then I am a tinkerer.

I use mine a little, however I fitted the Hansshow kit, easy to fit but online videos of installation usually are out of date due to updates of the hardware and software from Hansshow. I fitted V4.3 but didn't look like any V4.3 i saw on YouTube as the suction motor is completely different, Hansshow support is pretty crap to be honest.

Recently took the grandkids on holiday - wife and kids stuff filled the boot - rammed - everything i needed for the week fitted into the Frunk, and i mean everything including shaver, laptop, flasks of cold drinks for the kids (it was the hottest day) and a jacket - my emergency reserve if needed would have been the glove box - and I'm not kidding.

Just yesterday I received V7 boot kit from Hansshow - even more revisions this time (nothing like V7 versions i see online) - inside the boot lid there is now a control box - The new closing switch, the lock motor and the original boot open button are all one harness now connected to this new control box and just one cable to fish up from the boot main control box. Will fit on the next dry day - today is cold and rainy - also fitting my new rear reflector replacements, illuminated and have sequential indicators.