TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

M3 has more front and rear headroom than MS.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by LargeHamCollider, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LargeHamCollider

LargeHamCollider Battery cells != scalable

Model S
    • Head room Front 38.8", Rear 35.3"
    • Leg room Front 42.7", Rear 35.4"
    Model 3
    • Head room, standard: 39.6” front row, 37.7” second row
    • Head room, glass roof: 40.3” front row, 37.7” second row
    • Leg room: 42.7” front row, 35.2” second row
    Same front leg room and only .2" less rear leg room as well. I'm 6'6", this is going to be a factor.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 3
  2. powertoold

powertoold Member

This is what Elon meant by trying to anti-sell the Model 3, lol. The Model S needs an interior redesign for sure.

3. Mikeavelli

Mikeavelli Member

I read M3 and went to BMW lol....

4. voltronhb

voltronhb Member

Rear headroom is something the S needed on the 2nd row - 2 inches is a big difference. The comparison between the S and 3 reminds me of comparing the BMW 6 series Gran Coupe vs the 3 series sedan. Similar cabin dimensions but very different audiences.

5. Troy

Troy Active Member

I'm not surprised. I predicted the Model 3 cabin space would be about the same as the Model S. See the last bullet point here.

6. kev1n

kev1n Member

if you look at all 3 cars, the model 3 looks more like a baby model x

model s is very flat and sleek sporty look whereas model x/3 are very tall/round