Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 is a beautiful car, why doesn't it always photograph well?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably the most subjective thread I have ever started but here goes....
I've seen the M3 in person and from multiple angles. It's beautiful and looks better than it's photos. The MS is also a gorgeous car, yet it looks great in every photo I've seen it in.

Speculation of why the MS is more photogenic?

There are some awkward / atypical proportions on the car namely the lowered hood that cause the greenhouse to appear more bubbled. This allowed for the excellent aero but with high belt line cars being the current trend the M3 can appear a bit abnormal from certian angles. Struggling on wether to buy out MS lease or get M3 because of this. I am a architect so my annoyingly hyper critical eye is probably amplifying the problem tho.

From personal experience selling random things on eBay, it's pretty hard to get a "professional" shot that you would see on a retailer's site. Small items are easier to photograph than something as large as a car. In a picture, the angle and reflection of light can distort what the object looks like.

When I look at pictures of the Model 3 from afar, it looks much better. However, you don't get to see the details/curve as well as the color as clearly but shape is more defined.

Also, I feel that the flat nose and downward sloping headlights don't look as flattering in a picture (like a pig with its nose squished on glass).