Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 is a BMW, people

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So BMW also has an M5...which one are talking about now?? What will happen when Tesla has an M5? Personally, I want a car that "must survive".

upload_2019-10-5_12-55-46.png

I believe I might have stumbled on a compromise.
The Tesla Model 3 shall be known as the M3. The BMW M3 shall now be known as the Automobile Formerly Known as M3.

So, they will just use a symbol on the car?

M3Symbol.png

(For what is is worth, my Tesla Model 3 doesn't say Model 3 anywhere on the outside... )

Yeah it gets annoying and confusing. BMW M3, and Tesla Model 3.

I used to have a BMW Lime Rock Edition. It probably look more unique than all the Model 3s you see on the road, but I wasn't really into the idea of driving a BMW M3 as a daily driver. Once I tried the Model 3, I could have a daily driver that's easy to drive and not have to give up acceleration or performance. I think the Model 3 dual motor accelerates faster than the M3, at least I can do it without flooding the gas engine and making it struggle.

IMG_0204.JPG

Ξ or ≡

Unicode: U+2261

PC shortcut: Alt+2261

For anyone that wants to create a shortcut on Mac:
1. Control+Command+Space to bring up the character viewer
2. Navigate to math symbols and find the 3 lines, right click and copy it
3. Open Preferences --> Keyboard --> Text
4. Click "+" add "M3" or whatever you want to replace and paste the symbol

I couldn't find the first character, what unicode number is it?

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: whatthe2 and KenC

Unicode: U+2261

PC shortcut: Alt+2261

For anyone that wants to create a shortcut on Mac:
1. Control+Command+Space to bring up the character viewer
2. Navigate to math symbols and find the 3 lines, right click and copy it
3. Open Preferences --> Keyboard --> Text
4. Click "+" add "M3" or whatever you want to replace and paste the symbol

I couldn't find the first character, what unicode number is it?
Cool, thanks!

Yeah it gets annoying and confusing. BMW M3, and Tesla Model 3.

I used to have a BMW Lime Rock Edition. It probably look more unique than all the Model 3s you see on the road, but I wasn't really into the idea of driving a BMW M3 as a daily driver. Once I tried the Model 3, I could have a daily driver that's easy to drive and not have to give up acceleration or performance. I think the Model 3 dual motor accelerates faster than the M3, at least I can do it without flooding the gas engine and making it struggle.

That gen M3 is a terrible daily driver in a city. The steering was nice and sharp though...

Since we seem to be on the topic of things in this forum that annoy us, I’ll add my three:

1) Can you stop referring to Tesla dealerships. They don’t have any folks, never had.
2) Can you stop using the term EAP. I’m constantly guessing whether you are talking about Enhanced Auto Pilot or Early Access Program.
3) Can you stop hitting the disagree button when you don’t agree with something I wrote and actually take the time to explain what it is you don’t agree with me on.

Yeah, I know I’m going to get a bunch of disagree votes on the last one. Whatever.
I'll hit disagree and tell you why I disagree. Early Access being a program is pretty much bull with Tesla, so EAP remains EAP.

If somebody days Tesla dealership it's helpful because it's a n00b flag that tells you to expect at least one post in the thread saying that actually, the charger is in the car, so the thing you plug in is really called an EVSE, while adding no information of use to the OP.

And I use Disagree when I want because it's a best fit. If we had a wider choice, I might pick various other things like snowflake, clue bat, dunce cap, facepalm, big red x etc.