Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received an email from Zen saying my order is placed with Tesla, looking at the date on the email attached from Tesla they placed the order with Tesla on 07/08. I placed my order with Zen on 05/08 so it doesn't look like they waited for the cooling off period.

I also got an RN number and the car shows in my Tesla account too, she also sent through the Referral code too.
That's good service. Did the RN number come as a Tesla email to you? Did you already have a Tesla account? I don't understand how that part of the process works yet, as a first time Tesla owner/leaser.

Just received an email from Tesla, and my car has appeared in my account. It was ordered by Octopus on 16th July so I don’t know what that indicates for delivery.

Can someone tell me how to check the source code for VIN? Thanks!

That's a long time to only show now in your account. Did octopus take that long to put the order through to tesla ?

That's good service. Did the RN number come as a Tesla email to you? Did you already have a Tesla account? I don't understand how that part of the process works yet, as a first time Tesla owner/leaser.

The RN number was in the email chain that Zen forwarded to me from Tesla. So no direct contact from Tesla. I had an account already with Tesla although nothing on it as didnt place any orders and used the same email address on my Zen account so it looks like Tesla put 2 & 2 together and linked the purchase already to my account.

The RN number was in the email chain that Zen forwarded to me from Tesla. So no direct contact from Tesla. I had an account already with Tesla although nothing on it as didnt place any orders and used the same email address on my Zen account so it looks like Tesla put 2 & 2 together and linked the purchase already to my account.

Thats reassuring and thanks for the update.

I haven't had anything confirming my order either from Tesla or via Zen, just an email from Zen to Tesla asking them to provide confirmation and an RN number to me. It's good to hear that you have been sent this as hopefully mine will not be far off.

Interestingly, after octopus offered to upgrade me from the p- to p+ I received a vin for the p- before the change was made and a delivery range email from Tesla. Yesterday the amendment was made from the Tesla side and in the space of 24h I now have a hidden VIN.

Does this mean my delivery window still applies or could it be even sooner?

Many leasing companies use Lex Autolease. My current I-PACE lease through FleetPrices is with them. Wasn't aware of this when I first went for the deal and going by TrustPilot I would've probably avoided them. But they've been faultless with me, but I've had no reason to complain or had any issues with the car or order process, specifically, so can't speak about how they'd handle that. And obviously haven't handed the car back yet, so we'll see what happens then.

Many leasing companies use Lex Autolease. My current I-PACE lease through FleetPrices is with them. Wasn't aware of this when I first went for the deal and going by TrustPilot I would've probably avoided them. But they've been faultless with me, but I've had no reason to complain or had any issues with the car or order process, specifically, so can't speak about how they'd handle that. And obviously haven't handed the car back yet, so we'll see what happens then.

Yeah all the complaints seem to be regarding the return of the car

So they were quick to order your car and dealt with it in a timely manner eh ?

Having another credit check would be a pain to go through again

Yeah all the complaints seem to be regarding the return of the car

So they were quick to order your car and dealt with it in a timely manner eh ?

Having another credit check would be a pain to go through again

Yup, that side of things was completely fine. As for returning the vehicle, it sounds like if you take lots of photos (maybe a video as well) and get a copy of the report from the collector then you should be fine. Sounds like stupid charges are Lex's automatic position, but when challenged they tend to back down.

Just got an e-mail from Tesla and my lease order is now showing in my Tesla account with an RN number. I signed the lease last Friday so thought they might wait until cooling off period passed but seemingly not. No VIN in source code yet. Let the fun begin...:):):)