Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mathop or @Matt125 do you have the name of the person you dealt with at drive electric that manage to link your order

The response was along the lines of - The admin team dont know, I suggest you call Tesla to see if they can do it for you.

I have been dealing with Robyn Hester at Drive Electric.

I have been reading other comments and it seems some people are getting different info from me. My 'Registration' field is blanked out, I'm not seeing a 'We are drafting your contract' anywhere.

Are the rest of you seeing something similar to this? I got my Order Agreement to come through so I'm just assuming everything is fine.

Model 3 page.PNG

I hadn't considered leasing until I saw this thread, but now I'm tempted. As I see it

The advantages:

1. If I don't like the M3 I'll only have it for a couple of years
2. In a couple of years there might be a facelifted M3 with new features - e.g. 5G is supposed to be coming to cars in a big way, if you believe the hype. That's a huge plus.
3. If Tesla goes bust it won't be my problem, and let's face it no one can be certain if they will or won't.

The disadvantages:

1. I don't like the thought of not owning my own car
2. I hate being tied into long contracts
3. I'm afraid of being hit by unexpected costs, such as what they see as "fair wear and tear" at the end of the contract.
4. Ultimately I'll end up paying more than if I bought the car outright.

Still, I'm interested enough to get a few quotes and then I'll make a decision.

I hadn't considered leasing until I saw this thread, but now I'm tempted. As I see it

The advantages:

1. If I don't like the M3 I'll only have it for a couple of years
2. In a couple of years there might be a facelifted M3 with new features - e.g. 5G is supposed to be coming to cars in a big way, if you believe the hype. That's a huge plus.
3. If Tesla goes bust it won't be my problem, and let's face it no one can be certain if they will or won't.

The disadvantages:

1. I don't like the thought of not owning my own car
2. I hate being tied into long contracts
3. I'm afraid of being hit by unexpected costs, such as what they see as "fair wear and tear" at the end of the contract.
4. Ultimately I'll end up paying more than if I bought the car outright.

Still, I'm interested enough to get a few quotes and then I'll make a decision.

I don’t see a facelift inside two years and 5G is well over hyped, particularly in terms of cars.

The wear and tear shouldn’t be a problem as long as you look after the car reasonably.

You will definitely pay more than buying outright, the figures will help you determine whether the ‘premium’ you are paying is VFM in respect of 1 & 3 on your pro list.

To add a further consideration, allegedly PCP will be available towards the end of this week, and may already be available (source is closed Facebook Group)

I definitely cannot afford to buy the car out right. If the car was £30 000 or less I'd have gone for a hire purchase, but £40 000 is way out of my price range, so leasing is the way to go.

Over the 24 months I will be paying £13 245, well actually £13 350 if you include the document fee charged by Drive Electric. That's a lot less than £40 000!

I'll have it for 2 years and it works out that I'm only paying a fraction over those two years of what I would have paid to buy the car out right. In 2 years time there will probably be a cheaper Model 3 with better range so I'll take out a new lease on that. Or if my circumstances change maybe I'll even go up to a performance model!

Leasing over two years makes the most sense really. I don't have to care about battery degradation or the hardware becoming obsolete. I'm essentially renting something for that period.

Last edited:
I've secured a business lease, thanks to this forum, with pink vehicles on the performance Model 3. Went for two years and 10k miles per annum which has been my limit with existing business leases and works fine for my usage. Aiming for a Sept delivery or should that be pick-up? :)
Just need to sort a charger next and I think I'm going to stick with the Tesla own brand. I know it doesn't come under the grant but I have an electrician friend who can install it for me and the charger will go through the business anyway. Exciting times ahead!

Thanks Matt, I'm just waiting to hear from Jack about the RN number, hopefully he can get it for me today and I can get my account linked.

Whats your delivery location? Heathrow?

@Artiste Yeah i hear your concerns, I have always owned my cars up to about 2 years ago when i got fed up of the running costs and unexpected repair cost etc. so I had my first lease car at the end of 2016 and I gotta say its was the best 2 years of car ownership I've ever had. I do enough miles each year (personal and work) to justify the lease, any problems with the car aren't my problem.

Most lease providers are signed up to the BVRLA and follow their guidelines on what is fair wear and tear. I got sent a letter and a copy of their guidelines towards the end of my last lease, you can also have the car inspected a decent amount of time before collection to get anything repaired yourself before collection.

As Matt says above, technology moves forward quite quickly and who knows what the model 3 will be like in 2 years. I know its unlikely to get a facelift but hardware, range and price could all change in that time.

I think its pinkcarleasing.co.uk that have the best deals on the model 3 at the moment, i was tempted to cancel my long range order and go for the M3 Performance with them as its pretty much the same price as my LR right now.

If you look at my previous posts you can still get a performance model from OctopusEV or Pink for around £13,378 over 2 years, they don't charge any admin fees.

Where abouts does it show the delivery date?[/QUO
I definitely cannot afford to buy the car out right. If the car was £30 000 or less I'd have gone for a hire purchase, but £40 000 is way out of my price range, so leasing is the way to go.

Over the 24 months I will be paying £13 245, well actually £13 350 if you include the document fee charged by Drive Electric. That's a lot less than £40 000!

I'll have it for 2 years and it works out that I'm only paying a fraction over those two years of what I would have paid to buy the car out right. In 2 years time there will probably be a cheaper Model 3 with better range so I'll take out a new lease on that. Or if my circumstances change maybe I'll even go up to a performance model!

Leasing over two years makes the most sense really. I don't have to care about battery degradation or the hardware becoming obsolete. I'm essentially renting something for that period.

Thanks Matt, I'm just waiting to hear from Jack about the RN number, hopefully he can get it for me today and I can get my account linked.

Whats your delivery location? Heathrow?

Birmingham. DE put it in as Heathrow but Tesla changed it for me. Told DE and they were fine so I guess they don’t need to be present as delivery.

I did quote in my post, excess mileage at 5k pa over 10k is 4.44 for the next 10k miles , so it actually cheaper to take a 5k pa initial and pay the extra !

My insurance would be an extra £500 a year with the performance. The lease itself is going to hurt my wallet quite a lot so I'm not going to go for the Performance too! I need that £500 for the initial rental on the next lease in 2 years. :)

Well I had pretty much decided to go for the leasing option and had explored some costs, but a lot of the deals seem to have disappeared over the last couple of days. Pink Car Leasing seemed to have the best deal, and were quoting initial rental of £4909.05 and monthly rental of £545.45 over 24 months and 15000 miles a year for an M3 Performance-. Then the monthly rental went to over £800, and now the M3 isn't listed on their website at all. Just have to hope there are still some good leasing deals out there.

Well I had pretty much decided to go for the leasing option and had explored some costs, but a lot of the deals seem to have disappeared over the last couple of days. Pink Car Leasing seemed to have the best deal, and were quoting initial rental of £4909.05 and monthly rental of £545.45 over 24 months and 15000 miles a year for an M3 Performance-. Then the monthly rental went to over £800, and now the M3 isn't listed on their website at all. Just have to hope there are still some good leasing deals out there.
Try octopusev I had a really good deal that I signed and sorted the same day. They beat all others by £20/m and 6m deposit instead of all others wanting 9 and only 4.44p per mile excess

As @davidmc says, OctopusEV are well priced for the P, spoke to Cyril today and apparently their prices have gone up on SR+, but remained pretty much as is for P’s.

Happy to ping you Cyril’s details if you like. I’ve also made a calculator that lets you work out the excess mileage charges for Octopus, as it often works out cheaper with those guys to spec for 5k miles per year regardless of how many miles you are going to do.