Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Octopus offered by far the best deal for me and a colleague. It was the excess mileage rate that clinched it. Worked out better for us to take 10K miles per year, and then pay the excess mileage rate.

We're expecting a call from Octopus this morning to discuss our options. Both of us ordered P- cars, and now want to upgrade to the P+. SG Fleet are insisting on going through the whole quote, credit check, paperwork process again. I'm still waiting on clarification on whether I'll need to cancel the original agreement (I've got one day left of my cooling off period), or if they'll allow us to cancel without penalty after it's expired.

Will update the thread as soon as I know what's going on.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and zayn
are they asking for extra payment for P even though it is now cheaper then the P- ??

Octopus offered by far the best deal for me and a colleague. It was the excess mileage rate that clinched it. Worked out better for us to take 10K miles per year, and then pay the excess mileage rate.

We're expecting a call from Octopus this morning to discuss our options. Both of us ordered P- cars, and now want to upgrade to the P+. SG Fleet are insisting on going through the whole quote, credit check, paperwork process again. I'm still waiting on clarification on whether I'll need to cancel the original agreement (I've got one day left of my cooling off period), or if they'll allow us to cancel without penalty after it's expired.

so for only £550 more that gets you a P which only works out £22 p/m over the 2 year term. That is a no brainer really. I would definitely go for it.
Totally agree. However, SG believe that the residual will change on the new performance model, so they are insisting on requoting rather than just letting me pay the difference in the existing lease cost. I've said I'd be happy to just give them the £550 up front, but no dice on that one.

Personally, I think the residual might well improve, so I could end up paying nothing extra. On the flip side, I might end up paying a lot more, as I did get a really good deal on the P-.

Still nothing from either Octopus or SG, which is getting frustrating.

Octopus still waiting on SG Fleet, checked in with Cyril to see if he had some new numbers for my PCP vs PCH calc, but no joy.

Not convinced the PCP deals are up to date on the Telsa site either as the LR GFV is the same as the SR+

Could SG Fleet allow a small extension to your cooling off period, given the circumstances? At least it means you don't have to do anything too drastic before you get the answer from them? Might be worth trying to get them to confirm that in writing

Could SG Fleet allow a small extension to your cooling off period, given the circumstances? At least it means you don't have to do anything too drastic before you get the answer from them? Might be worth trying to get them to confirm that in writing
I've asked them, and they point me back at Octopus for all queries on that. SG did tell me that they haven't had any updated rates from CAP today, so no quotes until they do.

I've been trying to get some kind of statement out of Octopus on whether they'll let me change the order, but they're not answering e-mail or the phone at the moment. It's just going straight to voicemail whenever I call.

I've asked them, and they point me back at Octopus for all queries on that. SG did tell me that they haven't had any updated rates from CAP today, so no quotes until they do.

I've been trying to get some kind of statement out of Octopus on whether they'll let me change the order, but they're not answering e-mail or the phone at the moment. It's just going straight to voicemail whenever I call.

:( - main switchboard or your contact directly? (or both)

I can ping you Cyrils number if you want to try him

I recieved a quote for a M3 P- from Octupus on Monday afternoon. Woke up Tuesday ready to order, then found out about all the changes.

This will be the third time I have tried to order to be told I can't. Both times before were due to brokers not honouring prices they sent.

I am praying Octupus keep the price close to the previous quotation when they can price again.

Just received an update from Octopus on the current situation.
I've been assured that anyone who has a current order that hasn't been delivered will be given the opportunity to change it, even if your cooling off period has expired.

They are hoping to be able to quote on the new long range and performance models by the middle of next week. If you decide to change your order, you will need to go through the credit check / paperwork stage again.

It's not clear if they will be modifying your existing order with Tesla, or cancelling it and placing a new one. I'm hoping it will be the former, as I really don't want to lose my place in the queue or my referrals.

Just received an update from Octopus on the current situation.
I've been assured that anyone who has a current order that hasn't been delivered will be given the opportunity to change it, even if your cooling off period has expired.

They are hoping to be able to quote on the new long range and performance models by the middle of next week. If you decide to change your order, you will need to go through the credit check / paperwork stage again.

It's not clear if they will be modifying your existing order with Tesla, or cancelling it and placing a new one. I'm hoping it will be the former, as I really don't want to lose my place in the queue or my referrals.

Was just about to come and post this to you Andy :)

just spoke to Gurjeet @OctopusEV , new pricing next week and will be given the option to accept new pricing and credit checking again. Also was told to contact Tesla directly and make sure they change my order to the new P.

I think it is best to wait until we know what the new pricing is before changing p- to P

That's good, I am correct thinking referrals are when you quote another Tesla owners order no. and both get free charger miles?

That’s the one, 5000 was the early bird offer, now 1000 each

EDIT: Sorry, didn’t read the above properly, it’s a specific referral code you get when you’ve got a Tesla order, rather than an order number.

Last edited: