Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just wondering how many other people are getting their M3 through a lease company rather than directly from Tesla? and if you have heard anything since you ordered it?

I know its a bit unlikely as there are a lot of reservation holders still waiting. I am still hopefully it will be here in July :)

I ordered a black/black M3 Long Range with Drive Electric last month which is being done through Lease Plan (which seems to be the same deal most of the brokers were doing at the time). I've had all the paper work from Lease Plan and signed it all.

This feels a bit worse than waiting for my last car that i knew was going to be a 4 month wait :)

Hi all,

Just wondering how many other people are getting their M3 through a lease company rather than directly from Tesla? and if you have heard anything since you ordered it?

I know its a bit unlikely as there are a lot of reservation holders still waiting. I am still hopefully it will be here in July :)

I ordered a black/black M3 Long Range with Drive Electric last month which is being done through Lease Plan (which seems to be the same deal most of the brokers were doing at the time). I've had all the paper work from Lease Plan and signed it all.

This feels a bit worse than waiting for my last car that i knew was going to be a 4 month wait :)

Exactly same as you. Drive Electric as the broker, Leaseplan as the financier.

Waiting on a Model 3 SR Plus, aero wheels, blue metallic paint. I had a reservation dating back to 2016 but cancelled last year because I needed the money. So my reservation this time around only dates from the start of June.

Heard nothing yet other than July being the lead time. Really looking forward to it, my home charger has been installed so I'm ready to go (will do insurance when I have the delivery date).

3765d2c4a1.jpeg

Heathrow SC today, it was a full size car transporter outside just a small one with a couple of model 3's on it, I guess more they are delivering directly to customers

You should have got an email confirmation from Tesla directly with your order number and collection site , irrelevant of which broker you used.

Hi all,

You should have got an email confirmation from Tesla directly with your order number and collection site , irrelevant of which broker you used.

Correct, I gave my broker the same email address as my Tesla account, and everything merged up.

I don't need to go back to Drive Electric for anything now. They get updates from Tesla the same time I do, so they should know when I collect the car. On that day I'll have to put down my initial rental AND pay for the insurance - will be an expensive day.....

initial rental is 7 days prior to collecting.

What number does your order number end in ?
as mine is 2850

Correct, I gave my broker the same email address as my Tesla account, and everything merged up.

I don't need to go back to Drive Electric for anything now. They get updates from Tesla the same time I do, so they should know when I collect the car. On that day I'll have to put down my initial rental AND pay for the insurance - will be an expensive day.....

If you put down a reservation & deposit, Tesla should refund you that back so should soften the blow.

Has anyone who is leasing/PCP via third party that has received there car received there refund from Tesla (1k Reservation + 2k Deposit) and how long does it take for this to get refunded?

If you put down a reservation & deposit, Tesla should refund you that back so should soften the blow.

Has anyone who is leasing/PCP via third party that has received there car received there refund from Tesla (1k Reservation + 2k Deposit) and how long does it take for this to get refunded?

It was for that reason that I asked Drive Electric to put down the order on my behalf and link it to my Tesla account. In hindsight maybe I should have called Tesla and asked them to resurrect my old RN.....

Quick question before i go emailing the lease company, i noticed you guys said you got it linked to your Tesla account as in you already had a Tesla account? I dont have a Tesla account but i guess this shouldnt matter? ill just get sent something to sign up?

Quick question before i go emailing the lease company, i noticed you guys said you got it linked to your Tesla account as in you already had a Tesla account? I dont have a Tesla account but i guess this shouldnt matter? ill just get sent something to sign up?

I had gone through another broker orginally for a SR+ and also created my own Tesla account which links to my email address given to broker. Switched over to another Broker and changed my order to a performance

I’m going through drive electric too. SR+ black, aero wheels. I also have a vin in my credit note and in the source code. I have put this vin into a free tracker and it does match up with a description of my car. I have no idea where the car actually is though. I saw another thread saying this will be cancelled and assigned another one, I hope this is not the case. I spoke with DE yesterday and they said it’s still looking like July delivery as I’m an early reservation holder.

We will see, I just wish Tesla would be more transparent. If my car is still in california or on a ship somewhere just tell me! I will wait. It’s the not knowing that’s killing me!

I dont have a Tesla account but i guess this shouldnt matter?

Definitely worth doing. Provides you with the relevant DOCs online, but will then become the Password that you can use with the APP and for creating a Token to use with any 3rd party API services etc.

But the things that would be really helpful, e.g. asking-a-question from your account, such that it was all tied to your account and not emailing someone, who has to figure out which account you are taking about (e.g. if you email from Work Address) ... and being able to see all past conversations / answers / etc. ... Tesla don't have anything remotely like that.

this will be cancelled and assigned another one, I hope this is not the case

My VIN was changed for a later one ... and an earlier delivery date ... so the one doesn't necessarily go with the other.

If my car is still in california or on a ship somewhere just tell me!

+1

No idea why Tesla does this. it used to be that on your My Tesla page you could see the car progress from THERE to HERE (although the updates were clearly somewhat manual as it would still show "on land" when the ship had left port!)

Maybe when the mad Q2 rush is over normality will return ... next week.

Isnt the initial payment due about 1-2 weeks after you take delivery?