Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 lemon law arbitration with Tesla resolutions team

indikar

Dec 2, 2019
Lawrence, KS
My model 3 which is under 1 year old, with recurrent safety restraint issues, repaired 4 times, the first time just diagnostic, second, third and fourth with parts replaced. Did well for a month after last repair, back to same issues, including complete brake failure last time. I have initiated the process for lemon law, since it is 5th time the car is in for same issue and the safety restraint fault is a major issue should a crash happen(airbags wont deploy or could be faulty).

At this time, SC mgr is my point of contact, coordinating with Tesla Resolutions team, its 3 days so far.

1. What timeline should I expect should Tesla decide to buyback the car?
2. I have also mailed the National consumer dispute settlement arbitration team in Dallas with copy of all the prior service records. This is outlined in new Tesla warranty document,as the preferred arbitration process.

Ideally I do not want to drive this car again and hope Tesla buys back this car soon. Planning to replace with Model Y. After reading old threads, sounds like this process could take 1 week to 3 months. Wanting some input about what to expect

Noodles

Jul 22, 2020
Torrance, California

Mattopotamus

Jun 7, 2020
Atlanta
Not with Tesla, but I had a Lemon Law claim with a different manufacture. It took nearly 6 months before I got paid back. This was during COVID, so is very relevant. Tesla will not move fast. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla makes you go through arbitration just to drag the process out. In my case, it was a buyback without arbitration.

I also suggest not posting on social media until all is said and done because they can use that against you. Generally it is something you sign off on stating you will not talk about it outside family.

• Informative
Reactions: sightman

focher

Oct 15, 2013
Bay Area

Rborhani

May 11, 2018
Usa
Did you get 3X?
Tesla ended up having to pay a lot more than the value of the car (MSRP at the time of purchase + tax + Lic/registration + all financing interest paid on the car] plus a civil penalty and all my attorney fees. They also had to pay me interest on the total judgment from 30 or so days after I had sent the letter to them to the day they sent me the final settlement check. (it was about 14 months of interest)...

Reactions: focher

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC