Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 lowering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I'm looking to lower my M3 and read countless threads about the subject. Seems most are happy with TS Springs as well as the people with MPP coilovers. Has anyone driven both set ups that can share their feedback of the difference between the two? also, If you have either set up could you provide the measurements between floor and fender, i'm curious how much lower the MPP comfort kit(at recommended height) is than the TS springs. I feel the stock suspension is just right and would hate to lose the comfort aspect of it by lowering the car.

Hi All, I'm looking to lower my M3 and read countless threads about the subject. Seems most are happy with TS Springs as well as the people with MPP coilovers. Has anyone driven both set ups that can share their feedback of the difference between the two? also, If you have either set up could you provide the measurements between floor and fender, i'm curious how much lower the MPP comfort kit(at recommended height) is than the TS springs. I feel the stock suspension is just right and would hate to lose the comfort aspect of it by lowering the car.
Are you lowering for the look or for better cornering/lower center of gravity or both?

What exactly do you want out of the car from lowering it?

Do you want better handling? Do you plan on tracking the car? Do you just daily drive your car around down? Do you do a lot of freeway driving? What size wheels & tires are you running? Do you just want to close up the wheel gap for aesthetics purposes only? Do you want something adjustable so you can play around with the ride height? How much are you looking to spend on this? Will you be doing the install yourself or hiring somebody to do this for you?

Depending on what you're looking to achieve by lowering your car and what your budget is, that'll help determine what type of lowering springs or coilovers you can go with.

Most are happy with the Eibach springs as well. Some say that T-sportline are rebadged Eibachs.

I'm doing it strictly for aesthetics but I don't want to sacrifice the ride quality. I daily the car with a good amount of both street and freeway driving. I'm staying with factory size tires and am considering spacers for both front and rear especially if I end up lowering it.

Plenty of threads on this. There's an MPP and Eibach thread. The MPP recommended start height is a lot lower than the T Sportlines. They end up being about a 1.5-2" drop whereas the TSports are 1-1.2". But it's just a starting point. You're free to raise it as you please. Avoid anything more than a 1" or so drop if you want to mostly retain the stock feeling if going spring route.

I'm doing it strictly for aesthetics but I don't want to sacrifice the ride quality. I daily the car with a good amount of both street and freeway driving. I'm staying with factory size tires and am considering spacers for both front and rear especially if I end up lowering it.
I don't experience any sacrifice of OE ride quality. Height is perfect and the way it should be.
IMG_2416.JPG

Plenty of threads on this. There's an MPP and Eibach thread. The MPP recommended start height is a lot lower than the T Sportlines. They end up being about a 1.5-2" drop whereas the TSports are 1-1.2". But it's just a starting point. You're free to raise it as you please. Avoid anything more than a 1" or so drop if you want to mostly retain the stock feeling if going spring route.

Probably a difficult question to get an answer for but would anyone know if one was to do the MPP but only drop to the height of the TS springs(1-1.2") would the ride be same as TS springs or would it ride better?

Probably a difficult question to get an answer for but would anyone know if one was to do the MPP but only drop to the height of the TS springs(1-1.2") would the ride be same as TS springs or would it ride better?
MPP comfort kit no doubt. Correctly matched spring/dampers will always ride better than stock dampers/lowering springs, unless we’re talking about race coilovers with high spring rates.

I'm looking into getting Eibach's Pro Kit as well but was wondering where to get them installed. I'm located in Bakersfield, CA but am willing to make a trip down to So Cal if needed.
Johnson's Alignment - Serving Southern California since 1945! (Torrance, CA)
The factory alignment on our 2019 M3 was so bad the rear tires were bald in ~10,000 miles. Had Johnson's do a 4-wheel alignment; their tech (whose daughter has an M3) said the alignment was awful and that there was no indication that it had been damaged or shifted in use - just badly done at the factory. (The Service Center would not align on warranty.)
Also, Johnson's has decades of experience setting up modified suspensions for everything from street use to racing so they'll know how to accommodate the ride height and spring rate modification with the correct alignment settings.

I’m going with MPP adjustable comfort coilovers on a 2021 M3 LR. Can anyone recommend a drop from stock to get the best of both worlds: increased comfort and handling? How much drop before scraping/bottoming out becomes a concern? I am looking for a practical setup and don’t like the look of almost no gap at all. Thanks!

I’m going with MPP adjustable comfort coilovers on a 2021 M3 LR. Can anyone recommend a drop from stock to get the best of both worlds: increased comfort and handling? How much drop before scraping/bottoming out becomes a concern? I am looking for a practical setup and don’t like the look of almost no gap at all. Thanks!
Honestly, MPP / KW coilovers will ride and handle great no matter the height.

We've tested this on the "recommended height" and also "slammed" with rear perches out and everything... The ride and handling remains A+. How low you want to set it to is completely your preference.

Recommended height:
1619726187918-jpeg.658120

Max low...
1619461751583-jpeg.657160

Danny

Reactions: graphic
Honestly, MPP / KW coilovers will ride and handle great no matter the height.

We've tested this on the "recommended height" and also "slammed" with rear perches out and everything... The ride and handling remains A+. How low you want to set it to is completely your preference.

Recommended height:
1619726187918-jpeg.658120

Max low...
1619461751583-jpeg.657160

Danny
Thanks for the input! Your max low setup looks nice! I don’t think I’ll drop it that much. Have you had any problems with scraping the bottom at the recommended setting?

Reactions: MODEL+
Thanks for the input! Your max low setup looks nice! I don’t think I’ll drop it that much. Have you had any problems with scraping the bottom at the recommended setting?
At recommended height, I'm driving this thing like a Jeep... 😄
The front and the back on these cars don't hang that low but the sides are lower than other sedans. I'm thinking it's the battery design.

Danny

Reactions: Josie67
For those of you with springs, is it riding the bump stops all day, every day? Seems like the stock suspension config is hitting the bump stops entirely too much for my liking, I cant imagine how it is with less travel from lowering springs.

For those of you with springs, is it riding the bump stops all day, every day? Seems like the stock suspension config is hitting the bump stops entirely too much for my liking, I cant imagine how it is with less travel from lowering springs.
Yes. lol

Danny

Reactions: yeahthatguy