Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR acceleration boost (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Picking my LR M3 up next week, and interested in the acceleration boost. There seems very little info on it so 3 questions if I may…
1. Is it still a thing in the UK for the LR 3?
2. If so, how much is it?
3. What’s the claimed performance boost from the standard 4.2 0-60?

Thanks all!

Hi all. Picking my LR M3 up next week, and interested in the acceleration boost. There seems very little info on it so 3 questions if I may…
1. Is it still a thing in the UK for the LR 3?
2. If so, how much is it?
3. What’s the claimed performance boost from the standard 4.2 0-60?

Thanks all!
This forum has two important things...a SEARCH function and a bunch of people that
Polish_20211020_122647468.png

Yes I’d suggest not buying the acceleration boost right away as the M3 LR has great acceleration.

From YouTube videos it sounds like the AB has the biggest impact on the first phase of acceleration making it very similar 0-30 mph compared to the Performance. But the second phase 30-60 the Performance is still faster

Reactions: Chinstrap
I gave it a month as standard. It really depends if you like fast cars I guess. I suspect most people would try it and not see the value.

I then purchased, it's neck snapping fast, something to do with the instantaneous reaction to the throttle vs a ice car I guess.

At the dual carriage way lights it's lol every time, cold/warm/wet/dry. I feel the car lacks above 50-60 vs previous cars (overtaking etc hasn't the same oomph as BMW m cars) In the BMW M2/3/4 I never needed to warn the SO (aka wife), in the tesla I have to say head back otherwise I get trouble.

0-50 though, the only thing I'd want other than the LR with PB is the P! :)

Reactions: Chinstrap
@Bigbruiseral - when I called DL the person on the phone didn't know what it was so they checked with a supervisor who asked if it made a physical difference to the car or just software. When I replied that it was just software they said OK, it would be noted on the policy.

Churchill (part of the same group as DL) said they would apply the same as DL once I informed them & it's mentioned on my policy alongside the 19" alloys & tow bar.

Both were perfectly happy that this is a standard manufacturer software upgrade (similarly Tesla also reduced 0.5 sec 0-60 as part of a previous fleet wide software upgrade). The software specification of all Teslas changes regularly so every vehicle is technically different to its 'as manufactured' state.

If I order up a M3 with 19” wheels do I have to advise the insurer that it’s an upgrade? What about red paint? White interior is a grand more expensive are all these things considered as “modifications”? Ive always thought oem be it be, bmw, merc or Porsche was all considered standard. It was only after market add ons that counted as modifications. Have I been doing it wrong all these years? Never had an issue mind you when i claimed for accidents where I had upgraded oem alloys and they needed replaced. Guess I better check.

I have not yet looked at this option as the LR alone has terrific performance from a standing start. Overtaking acceleration is equally impressive.

I have had several Porsche models from Boxer to 911, and none perform like this car.

Give it a good run before you consider the option. I don’t find it lacking at all and see no need for it. Thats my 2p worth of opinion!

I have not yet looked at this option as the LR alone has terrific performance from a standing start. Overtaking acceleration is equally impressive.

I have had several Porsche models from Boxer to 911, and none perform like this car.

Give it a good run before you consider the option. I don’t find it lacking at all and see no need for it. Thats my 2p worth of opinion!
It is fun though 😁