Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR first 200 mile journey leaving on full charge

freekie

Sep 10, 2019
UK
Planner indicates to arrive at destination with 15% battery power left. Realistic or should I expect to charge on Route? Most of trip will be motorway. TIA

Velcade

Sep 18, 2019
Midwest
Do you have a charging station at your destination? If not, I'd buffer in some charge time so I have more than 15% at my destination.

KJD

Supporting Member
Dec 14, 2013
SLC, UT
Depends on how fast you drive.
What is the outside air temperature in your part of the world?
Is your route mostly flat or hilly?

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
LR, no problem unless really cold. Set the nav to your destination to let the car keep track of you. It will tell you to slow down if needed

freekie

Sep 10, 2019
UK
Thanks all for your responses. Was pleasantly surprised by accuracy. Arrived with 16% left. Speed varied from 0 to up up. Outside temp 10 deg and some really heavy rain (I won’t repeat the rubbish auto wipers - oh I just did). Autopilot made for less tiring driving.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC