Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR Mud Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery today of a Long Range Model 3. It came with front mud flaps. I didn't know it would so I had already purchased from Amazon a set of 4 BASENOR flaps. I don't know what to do now. For the front, are the Basenor better than the origial ones? Should I replace them (time consuming) or they are equaly good?

How important are the rear flaps?

Why are those so bad? Less protection against debris? Do they fall off? How important are the rear ones (should I bother to install?)
I'm starting to think think @Ther0ck is friends with the owner of those mudflaps or is getting kickbacks for recommending them. He has no explanation so far as to why they are "garbage" expect for maybe that he threw them away.

Reactions: Zinjan
I'm starting to think think @Ther0ck is friends with the owner of those mudflaps or is getting kickbacks for recommending them. He has no explanation so far as to why they are "garbage" expect for maybe that he threw them away.
Not at all. I don't know the guy. Just that every Tesla owner in QC recommends them. He's a pround owner of a Model 3. He design them in away they don't damage the paint and protect your rocker panel, bottom of your doors and as a bonus solidify what Tesla should of done by now.

I've seen my share of paint problems reported on Model 3 Quebec Facebook page.

Although a PPF is highly recommended with those mudflaps.

If you don't believe me search for Antirouille Bolduc on YouTube.

Man. I thought $40 for the OEM Tesla ones was a crazy high price to pay for some plastic, $100 is insane.
I purchased a set (EV Mudflaps) prior to receiving my M3. The material facing the paint is nice but the material on the tire side is marred from milling. I first thought that it was a plastic covering over the material but after speaking with the mfg, I was told that it wasn't and this was normal. "Once I drove around and they got dirty I wouldn't notice it". I was the only one who ever complained about this. Ok, fine. They sent a copy of their return policy and since I had purchased them before my M3 was delivered, I was out of their 2 week return window. I ended up purchasing the Tesla OEM and they look nice and seem to work fine. We primarily have rain so having a lower fitting mud flap wasn't necessary. Apparently others are happy with these but for $120 to the US I expected a higher quality.

Has anyone tried using 3m tape to secure with EVmudflaps instead of drilling the holes into car?
Being in the chemical industries for almost 40 years ... IMO... any after-market adhesive tapes for outside uses won't last due to hot/cold cycles and UV lights. There are after-market mudflaps on Amazon that users don't have to drill holes, I think they are better solutions. I am waiting for MYLR and considering after-market retractable "trunk cover" for my wife. Yes I don't like after-market adhesive but in this case the "bar" that holds a retractable cover is always under compression on both sides so it gives adhesives a better chance to work going thru hot/cold cycle

Material for mudflaps is not expensive , I don't think it's PU, probably TPE which does not have a low glass transition like PU so in extreme weather like the Northeast or Canada it cold snap if it goes thru an obstacle . $2 material at most + $2 labor and they sell for $40 for 4 pieces, so that's pretty good markup

Enjoy yours

You can try these from AY customs. Tesla Model 3 Real Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps - Set of 4
Too expensive for me so I decided to make my own. No drilling. 3M adhesive and push pin. Real carbon fiber.
2022-06-25 13_35_58-Phone Link.png
2022-06-25 13_35_31-Phone Link.png
2022-06-25 13_35_04-Phone Link.png

HI, did you buy Basenor mudflaps, and did you encounter any problems while using it? Maybe we can solve it for you.
No. But it has the same layout as the Tesla mudflaps. See this video. All the grime from the road accumulates inside the mudflaps and damages the paint/body of the car. Starts at 30 seconds how terrible the Tesla are.

It's in French but you'll get the idea.

I want to tell anyone considering the RallyArmor mud flaps that I just spent several hours trying to install them on my 2022 Model 3. I have the front installed but will probably take them off and throw them away. The bracket for the rear flaps are a joke. I thought that I could make them work but there is no way I want this on my car.

Reactions: likkuid