Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR Mud Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another option that has recently joined the roster are the minimalist (and Tesla Canada OE like) set by LuckyEasy, which can be found all over Alibaba/Aliexpress, Amazon, eBay Motors, etc.

LUCKEASY Model 3 Mud Flaps, Splash Guards https://a.co/d/6hbfdFc

LUCKEASY Model Y Mud Flaps, Splash Guards https://a.co/d/gDKTlVq

There are so many options out there now that everyone can find something that fits their esthetic and personal taste or decide to continue without installing any.

Another option that has recently joined the roster are the minimalist (and Tesla Canada OE like) set by LuckyEasy, which can be found all over Alibaba/Aliexpress, Amazon, eBay Motors, etc.

There are so many options out there now that everyone can find something that fits their esthetic and personal taste or decide to continue without installing any.
Thanks for sharing. It would take a lot more reviews to convince buyers. Looks like they would work long term is unknown

I want to tell anyone considering the RallyArmor mud flaps that I just spent several hours trying to install them on my 2022 Model 3. I have the front installed but will probably take them off and throw them away. The bracket for the rear flaps are a joke. I thought that I could make them work but there is no way I want this on my car.
You could just send them to me.

Its important to note that these put the rear flaps in FRONT of the wheel, might be easy for some to overlook. Also, since they don't stick out horizontally they wont protect the rocker panels much behind the front wheels.

Thats correct re placement in the rear but the fronts are surprisingly good for the rockers (relatively speaking, likely not in Canada, Pacific North West, Alaska, Norway, Iceland, Finland, etc) and good for blocking the area where sand, dirt, water nornally accumulates under the rocker covers.

Just another inexpensive, minimalist, lowered or stock ride height option for people. I've tried most of what's out there (from EV vendors, to Canadian shops, to tried/tested mudflap only brands) since the days we were making our own mid-2018.

So many use cases, and even more esthetic opinions.

Thats correct re placement in the rear but the fronts are surprisingly good for the rockers (relatively speaking, likely not in Canada, Pacific North West, Alaska, Norway, Iceland, Finland, etc) and good for blocking the area where sand, dirt, water nornally accumulates under the rocker covers.

Just another inexpensive, minimalist, lowered or stock ride height option for people. I've tried most of what's out there (from EV vendors, to Canadian shops, to tried/tested mudflap only brands) since the days we were making our own mid-2018.

So many use cases, and even more esthetic opinions.
@Perscitus: I am now confused because of too many good discussions of mud flaps products. Please clarify which one that U are using that "are surprisingly good for the rockers" . Thanks

The LuckyEasy ones a few posts earlier.

YMMV if you live in areas with harsh winters, frequent unpaved gravel roads, deal with sanitation crews who insist on using chemicals, sand/gravel/rock salt instead of brine.

If so, the best option is PPF/liquid PPF coupled with coatings and some WRC style mudflaps. Or simply to accept sand-blasted and rotting rockers.

The LuckyEasy ones a few posts earlier.

YMMV if you live in areas with harsh winters, frequent unpaved gravel roads, deal with sanitation crews who insist on using chemicals, sand/gravel/rock salt instead of brine.

If so, the best option is PPF/liquid PPF coupled with coatings and some WRC style mudflaps. Or simply to accept sand-blasted and rotting rockers.
(from one of the reviews) What’s really odd, and what I didn’t realize before receiving them, is that the rear mud flap actually goes in front of the rear wheels. This makes it pretty pointless and serves no purpose. The listing photos showing this positioning were added after I placed my order.

I have to say it from "physics/science/common sense etc... whatever we want to call it" this is just pure pointless and stupid

(from one of the reviews) What’s really odd, and what I didn’t realize before receiving them, is that the rear mud flap actually goes in front of the rear wheels. This makes it pretty pointless and serves no purpose. The listing photos showing this positioning were added after I placed my order.

I have to say it from "physics/science/common sense etc... whatever we want to call it" this is just pure pointless and stupid
You have to buy the 6-piece set to get the "normal rear wheel flaps". Not sure what the flaps that go IN FRONT of the rear wheels are for. I just didn't bother putting them on. They are quite short, so not sure if they are great for blocking a lot of dirt, but I'm in California so hardly any rain and no salt on the roads. I just bought them because I didn't like the OEM ones marking the paint, and the Rally Armor ones look way too big for my liking. So instead of no flaps, I got these so there is at least something.

As someone here pointed out, all the identical splash guards from a bunch of different sellers come from the same manufacturer. I just picked the cheapest which at the time was Bomely (on Amazon) and they fit great and are easy to install. I live down a long unpaved lane and they work well at keeping the gravel and mud off the car.

I removed the wheels to make the installation easier. The trick with the factory rivets is to first pull out the center button of the rivet about 1/4". Then the body of the rivet can easily be removed and nothing will be damaged and the original rivets can be reused. Certain YT videos show the whole rivet being ripped out without pulling the center out first. Don't do that. Watch closely and you will see how it damages the fender liner.

Reactions: Clover