Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR ordered today! Options on selling old car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just pressed the button after lots of umming and ahhing for several weeks. Decided on a LR, not really because I need the miles but fancy the 4WD and other toys. I was leaning to the SR+ but the del dates moved to February and I was looking for a model Y as I needed a hatch BUT it’s out of my comfort zone and too spendy at this time.

Next up I have to sell the i3s asap, it’s going on motorway tomorrow. Then apply for the EST grant. I am wary of starting the process until I have ceased to become owner of an existing EV. The Est people told me that I only qualify for the interest free loan if I don’t already have an ev, so away it goes. It will also save me a few bucks per month on the lead up to handover day etc

Heres hoping all this precarious timings work out.

Next up I have to sell the i3s asap, it’s going on motorway tomorrow.

Have you got a price on Webuyanycar? When I sold my original Tesla in June I got a price from them and went thru the process of them knocking down the price for kerbed alloys etc. I then made their offer price the minimum on Motorway. Bids on Motorway were £1k+ short so I took it back to WBAC.

I sold two other cars on Motorway over last 2 years and think they’re great - I wouldn’t assume they’ll offer more than WBAC tho.

I’m not a dealer - like it might appear - I just rotated both family cars at a similar time and then moved to MIC M3. I can see myself doing this again when Tesla expect me to give the rest of the £££ for the Y I’ve put a deposit on 🤦.

Have you got a price on Webuyanycar? When I sold my original Tesla in June I got a price from them and went thru the process of them knocking down the price for kerbed alloys etc. I then made their offer price the minimum on Motorway. Bids on Motorway were £1k+ short so I took it back to WBAC.

I sold two other cars on Motorway over last 2 years and think they’re great - I wouldn’t assume they’ll offer more than WBAC tho.

I’m not a dealer - like it might appear - I just rotated both family cars at a similar time and then moved to MIC M3. I can see myself doing this again when Tesla expect me to give the rest of the £££ for the Y I’ve put a deposit on 🤦.
Wbac we’re offering (first offer) £25.6k, motorways “offer” is £27.6k. So I’m trying them obviously and see what happens. Hoping for a quick sale as my insurance is up next month.

I could not be bothered with motorway and people coming around and inspecting the car. Took it to the dealer and sold the car in 30mins and had the money later in the afternoon without any deduction or extra fee.
I’ll report back. This far wbac seem the easiest. The car is immaculate so hopefully not too much off their estimate, seems easier I agree. First time I’ve used motorway.

I could not be bothered with motorway and people coming around and inspecting the car. Took it to the dealer and sold the car in 30mins and had the money later in the afternoon without any deduction or extra fee.
That's not how motorway works, they get you to take the pictures and then 'auction' it off. The buyer sends someone to collect whom has a look over it as they would anywhere else and then it's gone with money transferred immediately with no fees at all. You don't even need to leave your house, in fact you don't need to be there at all, as my SR+ was collected from my works and i was not there.