Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR range is 322?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my M3 August 2018 and love it. I was reading some articles recently and noticed multiple mentions of ~325 range.

Did the battery change since I bought mine or is the 310 range i bought inaccurate or some such?
From Wikipedia

322 miles (518 km) combined
319 miles (513 km) city
296 miles (476 km) highway

Tesla Model 3 - Wikipedia

Thanks

I took delivery of my M3 August 2018 and love it. I was reading some articles recently and noticed multiple mentions of ~325 range.

Did the battery change since I bought mine or is the 310 range i bought inaccurate or some such?
From Wikipedia

322 miles (518 km) combined
319 miles (513 km) city
296 miles (476 km) highway

Tesla Model 3 - Wikipedia

Thanks
Those numbers are off. The combine can't be the highest. It should be inbetween the 2 others.

On the RWD it used to be 310 then a software update pushed it to 325. On the AWD I think it’s always been 322. There are no official highway/city ratings that I’m aware of. The only thing I’ve seen is MPGe ratings on the EPA website

That was november of 2019, for model year 2020. There was never any mention that it was retroactive, and others have done dives into the EPA filings and the 2020 model year model 3s have different EPA filings.

I think you are agreeing with me....

I stand by my original statement of "not for model year 2018" (which is what this OP would be concerned about, since they mentioned they "have a 2018 and were reading about more range". Not for this OPs car there isnt.

You don't mention if your LR is RWD or AWD. This makes a difference.

The LR RWD ones were promised a bump up to 325 total range in March of 2019 by EM, and some of us got it, but not everyone, and it went away for some of us that got it (like me). So it's a crap shoot whether any given car got it or not. My car has had estimated range that has been all over the place since the brief bump up to 325 - as low as 295, but mostly sitting around 310-315.

The 322 number for AWD cars - I haven't really followed all that .

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
That was november of 2019, for model year 2020. There was never any mention that it was retroactive, and others have done dives into the EPA filings and the 2020 model year model 3s have different EPA filings.

I think you are agreeing with me....

I stand by my original statement of "not for model year 2018" (which is what this OP would be concerned about, since they mentioned they "have a 2018 and were reading about more range". Not for this OPs car there isnt.

I never disagreed with you !

Reactions: jjrandorin
Sure hope that you folk with a 325 mile commute make it.

Or you could slow down and increase the range.

Personally I just hit a convenient charger, which sit about every hundred miles or less along the road. Or I used to, until I got my 400 mile Raven. WOOHOO!!! (Not really. Who's going to drive five to six hours without needing to stop, anyway? Not me.)

Reactions: Rocky_H
You don't mention if your LR is RWD or AWD. This makes a difference.

The LR RWD ones were promised a bump up to 325 total range in March of 2019 by EM, and some of us got it, but not everyone, and it went away for some of us that got it (like me). So it's a crap shoot whether any given car got it or not. My car has had estimated range that has been all over the place since the brief bump up to 325 - as low as 295, but mostly sitting around 310-315.

The 322 number for AWD cars - I haven't really followed all that .

I have. RWD