Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR RWD 2019 thinking about replacement with M3 LR 2022.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any disadvantage? I love my car, but wonder if this is the time to maximize my trade-in value.

Only 40K on it. Are people happy with the 2022 with heat pump? Are there any noticeable changes in latest Model 3 over 2019 version? I know they’re all Dual Motor and slightly increased range.

Do it. Most noticeable changes are the non-combative center console, processor so fast you can actually use YouTube/Netflix/etc., power trunk, improved range and build quality.

The heat pump is great. Some are failing in extreme cold but Tesla will resolve the issue soon enough. There are countless other features and differences like headlights, radar, lumbar, laminated glass, etc. but the biggest one for you would be 3 more years of youth and warranty - a $15,000 value for the low low price of...

Disadvantages are the loss of Radar, Passenger lumbar, Homelink, and any lifetime connectivity or supercharging your car might have had.

Last edited:
Reactions: tm1v2
Upvote 0
The heat pump in mine has been great. I never had an older 3 but it's way more efficient and effective than the resistive heater in my old S.

Just FYI passenger lumbar can be retrofit easily if you care about that, check the Model Y forums. I recently ordered the two parts from my local SC.

Radar is easy to physically retrofit (unless they've stopped installing the harness by now, which is possible), BUT you need to reprogram the car to use it. I don't think you'll find public instructions online for that. ;)

Front USB-C data connections are gone in the newest cars but there's aftermarket solutions there too.

Given the crazy high prices being offered for used cars these days, the upgrade probably makes sense. Depending on the exact numbers of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do it. Most noticeable changes are the non-combative center console, processor so fast you can actually use YouTube/Netflix/etc., power trunk, improved range and build quality.

The heat pump is great. Some are failing in extreme cold but Tesla will resolve the issue soon enough. There are countless other features and differences like headlights, radar, lumbar, laminated glass, etc. but the biggest one for you would be 3 more years of youth and warranty - a $15,000 value for the low low price of...

Disadvantages are the loss of Radar, Passenger lumbar, Homelink, and any lifetime connectivity or supercharging your car might have had.
After reading some comments about the newer M3 phantom braking w/o radar, I am thinking I’ll stick with my 2019. I very seldom have phantom braking and have a feel for when it’s likely to occur. I have basic autopilot. I hope Elon will change back to radar (I can dream).

Upvote 0