Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR vs M3P vs MS P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I'm 24 yo and My dream is always that to buy an Tesla. My old posts speaks of Model S or Model 3. Now, I'm thinking that maybe It's better do a definitive post for me.

So, I can't afford an Tesla S new, ahah. I would like a car with much technology but also sport. MS P85D has 700, 3.3 0-100, engine more aggressive for the 0-100 but It has only AP1 and the guarantee is almost finished. The guarantee is fondamental for me because I would like to keep the next car for 6-7 years and I will use for long trip.
M3 Long Range is good for autonomy, technology but It's slower than M3P.

Model 3 Performance seems the perfect choice for autonomy, guarantee, technology, velocity.

The only problem: the lines compared at Model S and the aggressive launch for 0-100.

I'm afraid that the lines of Model 3 don't like me for 6-7 years.

ps. I'm Italian and I live in Europe

If you are looking for a warranty on a car and you cant afford an S then the 3 is your best option (or perhaps a Y?). While I have the P my friends have the LR and they are just great. You wont be disappointed. 0-60 isnt worth worrying abut and if I had to do it again I would go for the LR over the P

Reactions: MasterchiefTS
Hi guys,

I'm 24 yo and My dream is always that to buy an Tesla. My old posts speaks of Model S or Model 3. Now, I'm thinking that maybe It's better do a definitive post for me.

So, I can't afford an Tesla S new, ahah. I would like a car with much technology but also sport. MS P85D has 700, 3.3 0-100, engine more aggressive for the 0-100 but It has only AP1 and the guarantee is almost finished. The guarantee is fondamental for me because I would like to keep the next car for 6-7 years and I will use for long trip.
M3 Long Range is good for autonomy, technology but It's slower than M3P.

Model 3 Performance seems the perfect choice for autonomy, guarantee, technology, velocity.

The only problem: the lines compared at Model S and the aggressive launch for 0-100.

I'm afraid that the lines of Model 3 don't like me for 6-7 years.

ps. I'm Italian and I live in Europe
My P85DL can do 0-100kph in 2.9. It’s 6.6 years old and everything works. The motors should last up to 800,000 km, according to an article I read. The battery (ESS) is still strong. AP1 is quite refined now, not driving like a new driver, as it did when first activated. My car is for sale, but in Florida.

Can you afford a Tesla? When I was your age I had a used Ford that I bought for cash. Each subsequent car was better than the last but all were bought for cash. Paying interest is money down the toilet and paying more for a car that you can afford is money that you could have invested. Cars are not investments except at the super car end of the market, they wear out. If you go into dept now you will spend the rest of your life in dept.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
What do you mean with "Teslas don't have engines"???

The engine of the MS P85D is different rather a M3P :)

Lost in translation. An engine is a device that converts thermal energy into mechanical energy......meaning it burns a fuel. An engine is a type of motor, but not the other way around. So if you are referring to something that converts electricity to mechanical energy, that would be a motor.

when I was in my early 20s, couldn't afford a fast car. I had a beater and a USD5000 used Yamaha R6. Worked my ass off for almost 15 yrs to afford a house, a family, and 2 cars. None of my cars before Tesla worth more than 10k.

if you buy a P90D, but you have to lower your living quality, just get a cheaper model.

Reactions: MasterchiefTS