Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR vs MY with Acceleration Boost Feel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

We drive a 2021 M3 LR with a 0-60 of 4.4s. As we do a lot of camping with this car we are considering an upgrade to a MY. I am looking for advice between MY LR with Acceleration Boost and the MY Performance.
I don't like SUVs with performance features, I wouldn't want to do a track day with one. For camping the perfomances' 2cm lower (than My LR) ground clearance and large rims adds additional limitations.
I am however not willing to compromise on acceleration. In Switzerland I cannot find a LR with acceleration boost to test drive. With the acceleration boost the 0-60 should be 4.4 (down from 5s). This would be the same as the M3 LR stock.
Given the additional weight and profile will the 4.4 on the MY L3 feel "slower" than the M3 LR stock?

AFAIK, MYLR with boost is 4.2, not 4.4...unless it's different in Europe.

I won't be camping in my MYLR, but I can't imagine driving a P version on anything but smoothly paved roads. That's why I didn't buy one, as the roads near where I live are decades old concrete uneven slabs.

Reactions: airheadmax
The boost makes a big difference. The 0-60 is nearly identical to the M3 AWD.

I have both a boosted MY and. M3 (RWD). Naturally, the MY is quicker. I strongly prefer the MY, mainly because it's so much easier to get out due to the higher seats. The cargo area and rear seat are much better too.

With performance being important, don't fool yourself though. The boosted MY will be just as fast as a M3 AWD, but it won't handle as nice. The MY handles well, but the M3 feels like a track car that's glued to the road.

If you really want the MYP acceleration, I bet you could find someone with an MYLR who would gladly swap springs and wheels with you, and even pay you a little for it. That is extra hassle though.

AFAIK, MYLR with boost is 4.2, not 4.4...unless it's different in Europe.

I won't be camping in my MYLR, but I can't imagine driving a P version on anything but smoothly paved roads. That's why I didn't buy one, as the roads near where I live are decades old concrete uneven slabs.
He is probably quoting the zero to 100 km/hr (62 mph) over in Europe... that would account for the extra 0.2 seconds.

Keith