Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LW AWD Pickup - Few Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took the train from Windsor to Oakville Saturday for my pickup.

Overall, the pickup was decent. I wasn't rushed, and they were super busy. I spent a long time looking over the car and found a small gap alignment issue.

Driving home was great and autopilot was used, but then I started to get this error reason "Autopilot Cameras unavailable. Features may be restored on next drive."

Autopilot seemed to work fine, however.

Upon getting home, I noticed on the camera screen the driver/side left camera is no longer working, just a spinning icon. I tried doing a reset but nothing.

I went for a drive again, the error message is still there and that camera isn't working, however, autopilot is working.

Today I've noticed some condensation in one of the taillights.

Anyways, I've scheduled a mobile service. This was also a bit of a challenge as the app only lets me choose from dealerships in Detroit & Ohio even though I'm in Canada. I was able to circumvent this by choosing London, Ontario 401 as my location. Then it gave me the option of Mobile Service and allowed me to change my address to my home.

Any other suggestions?

First, what version of software are you on, I would say from my experience over the past two years with a 2018 model 3 AWD when it came to cameras was usually a software thing. A reboot didn't always fix it, but letting the car sleep for a while did, haven't seen any of these issues for a long time, and it was mostly the rear camera that didn't work.

I would recommend get it connected to wifi and see what's happens after an update, a lot of the time when you schedule a mobile service they will try to push the update.

Condensation in your tail light is an easy mobile fox. Just had mine done a week or so ago. Took like 10 min, crazy fast.

On the camera side, it may be a hardware issue. Tough to tell. Add it to your service visit with as much info as possible. Either way, I'm sure all will get fixed for you.

The good thing is AP is working, but I find that odd given AP uses all cameras to determine surroundings. When cars drive up on that side of your car are they detected and shown on the centre console?

Yes! They are shown. But I get no footage sentry from the left side of the car. When I brick up the camera dashboard, the left side just shows loading.

Autopilot seems to be working fine. It is odd.
Sounds like the cameras are working, but that something is glitching out in the software preventing you from seeing on your dashboard. If the cameras didn't work at all, then you shouldn't see any cars on the center console driving up behind you.