Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've had the Model 3 since the middle of July and haven't had any issues besides some crazy battery draining. Anyway, this past Sunday (September 23) I got in the car with my keycard (my phone doesnt have the best service at my apartment) and once I got in NOTHING was turning on. The app would let me lock and unlock the doors as well as open the trunk, but nothing else. I tried rebooting it, still nothing. Heres my experience so far

September 23 in the early AM -
1) Nothing turning on - tried rebooting it. Failed.
2) Called Tesla (call #1) once I finally got through I was told an update didn't go through and I should give it another hour or two
3) 4 hours later, there was no change so I called again (call #2) and they were going to send someone out to jump it & see if that fixes everything
4) I heard nothing within 45-60 minutes and got another call (call #3)saying they were still looking for someone
5) I got a call later that evening (call #4) saying they found someone to jump it
6) the person finally arrived and tried jumping it, but failed. So we called Tesla (call #4 ) and told them the situation and was told they were going send a message to mobile dispatch and see what they think should be done and they'll get back to me on Monday, September 24

September 24 in the AM -
1) got a call (call #5) from mobile dispatch early in the AM and they said option #1 was to send someone out on Wednesday (the 26th) or option #2 was to have it towed to the nearest service center. The closest of which is 55+ miles away. I chose option #2
2) the tow truck arrived a couple hours later and took it away
3) I got a call from Tesla (call #6) asking how things went and they told me I could have a rental car in the meantime, which I accepted. They told me someone would contact me about the rental
4) I got a call from Tesla (call #7) telling me the car arrived at the service center and asked if someone contacted me about the rental - which no one had. They said they will figure it out and someone will get back to me - which no one did
5) I got a text from the service center saying the car arrived and it was in line for diagnosis
6) I didn't get any calls about the rental, so I called (call #8) and asked what was going on - was told someone would get back to me...nada

September 25 - (TODAY)
1) I didn't get any calls or emails so I called Tesla (call #9) at 10:40am and asked what was going on with the M3 and the rental. I was told someone would get back to me about both - WHICH NO ONE DID
2) Since I wasn't receiving a call, I texted the service center at 1:15pm and asked what was going on
3) I received a text back at 2:57pm and was told that they are wrapping up repairs and that the 12V was replaced, they updated the battery management system and installed firmware, and they will let me know when it is ready.

I'm writing this at 3:49pm and I am still waiting to hear back about all this. Never heard back about a rental

BTW, I was told all of this is covered under the warranty. Since I dont have the vehicle back yet, that remains to be seen. However, I asked them on 3 different occasions if that was true and was told it is.

So I've had the Model 3 since the middle of July and haven't had any issues besides some crazy battery draining. Anyway, this past Sunday (September 23) I got in the car with my keycard (my phone doesnt have the best service at my apartment) and once I got in NOTHING was turning on. The app would let me lock and unlock the doors as well as open the trunk, but nothing else. I tried rebooting it, still nothing. Heres my experience so far

September 23 in the early AM -
1) Nothing turning on - tried rebooting it. Failed.
2) Called Tesla (call #1) once I finally got through I was told an update didn't go through and I should give it another hour or two
3) 4 hours later, there was no change so I called again (call #2) and they were going to send someone out to jump it & see if that fixes everything
4) I heard nothing within 45-60 minutes and got another call (call #3)saying they were still looking for someone
5) I got a call later that evening (call #4) saying they found someone to jump it
6) the person finally arrived and tried jumping it, but failed. So we called Tesla (call #4 ) and told them the situation and was told they were going send a message to mobile dispatch and see what they think should be done and they'll get back to me on Monday, September 24

September 24 in the AM -
1) got a call (call #5) from mobile dispatch early in the AM and they said option #1 was to send someone out on Wednesday (the 26th) or option #2 was to have it towed to the nearest service center. The closest of which is 55+ miles away. I chose option #2
2) the tow truck arrived a couple hours later and took it away
3) I got a call from Tesla (call #6) asking how things went and they told me I could have a rental car in the meantime, which I accepted. They told me someone would contact me about the rental
4) I got a call from Tesla (call #7) telling me the car arrived at the service center and asked if someone contacted me about the rental - which no one had. They said they will figure it out and someone will get back to me - which no one did
5) I got a text from the service center saying the car arrived and it was in line for diagnosis
6) I didn't get any calls about the rental, so I called (call #8) and asked what was going on - was told someone would get back to me...nada

September 25 - (TODAY)
1) I didn't get any calls or emails so I called Tesla (call #9) at 10:40am and asked what was going on with the M3 and the rental. I was told someone would get back to me about both - WHICH NO ONE DID
2) Since I wasn't receiving a call, I texted the service center at 1:15pm and asked what was going on
3) I received a text back at 2:57pm and was told that they are wrapping up repairs and that the 12V was replaced, they updated the battery management system and installed firmware, and they will let me know when it is ready.

I'm writing this at 3:49pm and I am still waiting to hear back about all this. Never heard back about a rental

BTW, I was told all of this is covered under the warranty. Since I dont have the vehicle back yet, that remains to be seen. However, I asked them on 3 different occasions if that was true and was told it is.

What would you want people in the forum to do?