Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 now asking for the key card...why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
afternoon all

Since I picked up my M3 last March we have always used our phones as the key however last couple of times of using the car I have had to use the card. The phone app is still working, I can lock and unlock the car , start charges etc

Any ideas why this happened and anybody else experienced the same?

M3 is on software release 2020.48.35.5

Mine has stopped reacting at all to my phone...even holding it up to the b pillar with the phone unlocked wont do anything...I have to use the app to unlock the car and then do a remote start from the app...last few days...fails every time...I'm on latest software update and have a galaxy S10 which I have never had any issues with until the last few days

Mine has stopped reacting at all to my phone...even holding it up to the b pillar with the phone unlocked wont do anything...I have to use the app to unlock the car and then do a remote start from the app...last few days...fails every time...I'm on latest software update and have a galaxy S10 which I have never had any issues with until the last few days

Make sure the Tesla application is allowed to run in the background.