Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 online car manual not working ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BB9CB6DC-DD41-454D-A49E-7F743AE2392B.jpeg
looks like my online car manual doesn’t work anymore. The table of contents is there but no pages.

I’ve tried resetting the car but that doesn’t help. Anyone seeing this and know how to fix it ?

The last time it worked was when I was looking up how to install the dash cam USB (thinking about it as I type this I should try unplugging that to see if that makes in work ;) )

Mine has done this since I picked it up over a month ago. I've seen the manual actually come up once. Every other time it does this exact thing. I had a service appointment and they didn't address this. I asked for a paper manual and was told they don't make them. So I asked how are we supposed to read the manual if something comes up on the road and we don't have a paper manual and the digital manual never comes up. No answer.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 12.06.38 PM.png
Mine has done this since I picked it up over a month ago. I've seen the manual actually come up once. Every other time it does this exact thing. I had a service appointment and they didn't address this. I asked for a paper manual and was told they don't make them. So I asked how are we supposed to read the manual if something comes up on the road and we don't have a paper manual and the digital manual never comes up. No answer.

It's actually pretty easy. You just log into your car's profile on Tesla's website and there's a link to the owner's manual, which you can print. Although, do you wan to pay for 166 pages worth of ink and paper when you can simply save the PDF to your phone, computer, etc.? Your call.

View attachment 352836

It's actually pretty easy. You just log into your car's profile on Tesla's website and there's a link to the owner's manual, which you can print. Although, do you wan to pay for 166 pages worth of ink and paper when you can simply save the PDF to your phone, computer, etc.? Your call.
The online one appears to not have been updated since August. I found that restarting the MCU appears to correct the Manual loading issue.

Did you look in the glovebox for a paper manual? Ours came with one.

I was having the same problem earlier this week. I rebooted the MCU a day or two ago, then remembered to check the manual again last night & it was working again. Both times I tried to access the manual the car was on wifi.

Unfortunately, I've rebooted my MCU numerous times and it never fixes the manual issue. In fact, my MCU completely froze on my way into work this morning which caused me to reboot it. I had the browser up at the time, which is always insanely slow to respond, and it seemed to have caused the entire MCU to freeze. After rebooting, I checked the manual for curiosity and it still didn't show.

Sorry. You are right. I saw the thickness and thought it was the owners manual.

No problem, thanks for confirming. My main point about all of this is if they aren't going to provide a hard copy they should at least ensure the digital one on the MCU works. When my wife and I picked up our Model 3 we were given no instructions on how to drive it. I can only imagine we're not alone there. I can also imagine people like my parents, who are in their 60s, and if they bought this car with no knowledge on how to drive it and no access to a manual...what a safety issue that would be.

No problem, thanks for confirming. My main point about all of this is if they aren't going to provide a hard copy they should at least ensure the digital one on the MCU works. When my wife and I picked up our Model 3 we were given no instructions on how to drive it. I can only imagine we're not alone there. I can also imagine people like my parents, who are in their 60s, and if they bought this car with no knowledge on how to drive it and no access to a manual...what a safety issue that would be.
I agree. We traded in our 5 year old S so we were very familiar with how Tesla’s work, however there were some things that we weren’t sure about and went to use the manual and it wasn’t usable.

We were also wondering where some things were located since the menus are a bit different that we thought would be included on the 3 as well but we haven’t been able to find them.

We also had a preautopilot car so we were wondering about some of its functionality as well.