Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Orders in Ireland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of frustration for my experience and curiosity as to whether others are in the same boat, I'm starting a thread to understand Irish customers' experience so far. It might be easier to get Tesla to move if we have an idea of how widespread the issue is... Ok so here's the data on my M3 ordering experience:

Step 1: April 1st 2016 I reserved/pre-ordered my M3 (yeah...no joke)
Step 2: May 31st 2019 I configured my M3 (within one hour of the Ireland web site opening the configurator). I learned from Twitter that the configurator had opened. No other communication from Tesla to me as a reservation holder (!?). Delivery estimate: July.
Step 3: July 3rd 2019, after receiving no communication whatsoever from Tesla, I drop by the Sandyford service center asking for news. I was told that delivery in July was out of the question, delivery in August was unlikely, and September would be most likely. No further details until mid-august when VIN-matching was expected
Step 4: August 14th 2019 I contact Tesla via email asking for news (after no proactive communication from them of course). Now the news is "VIN-matching has been a moving target for Ireland; originally this was supposed to be July. Then it delayed to August, then September, and now ~ October. "

Bottom line, I'm not even counting the time since the pre-order because that has just become a joke but is it normal for a delivery estimate to be out three+ months? What is your experience?

Of course, it's interesting to mention that as of today August 15th, a new customer ordering a M3 gets a delivery estimate of August. I guess in fairness to Tesla, the site does not say 2019!

Bottom line, I'm not even counting the time since the pre-order because that has just become a joke but is it normal for a delivery estimate to be out three+ months?

Yes, for Tesla. Assuming you're about a month behind us you should start seeing some deliveries in September. Of course then everyone gets hit by the end of quarter BS and deliveries dry up for a month..

I am not sure but what I heard from Tesla Ireland is: "Once VINs are matched, customers are contacted by Tesla Delivery Team in the UK to schedule delivery dates." From this I'd guess they come from the UK.

Which leads to another level of possible issues given Brexit and the October time frame they are now talking about...

Quick Update in case somebody finds this useful:

I received a text from Tesla regarding my order (see history on top of the thread).
The message: "Tesla Update: Model 3 deliveries in the Republic of Ireland are expected to begin towards the end of 2019. We will be in contact to arrange your delivery as the date approaches. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP"

I do appreciate them reaching out proactively for the first time, but of course the news is dire indeed. Assuming they can deliver in December (I have little confidence in this given the uncertainty of Brexit alone), it would be six months after the configurator order.

Another quick update:
I just got a call from Tesla Ireland today. My order was VIN-matched and delivery is expected by the end of the month. I will take this with a GIANT grain of salt but hey, something is moving!
Hang in there....Its worth the wait...I just had my relations form Belfast out in mine, I live in Canada, his wife loved the glass roof and how quiet it was but did not like the acceleration...lol...husband giggled like a school girl and says he is getting inline as his Benz has not excited him like the Tesla did

Hang in there....Its worth the wait...I just had my relations form Belfast out in mine, I live in Canada, his wife loved the glass roof and how quiet it was but did not like the acceleration...lol...husband giggled like a school girl and says he is getting inline as his Benz has not excited him like the Tesla did
Definitely still excited! Just with enough skepticism to keep me sane in case of another delay. :)

Reactions: hey.stephen