Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 owner interview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avoigt

Sep 5, 2017
Germany
Video and interview with owner driving his M3 a month...

It looks to me like the communication ban of Tesla employees/ M3 owners has been lifted lately. Its the second owner I hear off who can talk and review freely and without issues.

Nice Video with lots of details we have not seen before, aero wheels taken off, opening with Wallet (card) and most interesting a lot of experience talk from the owner driving it now a month or so. Thats very different to reviews from anybody who has driven it just once and for a few minutes. Also good to hear how he compares it to the MS.

Enjoy:

Just FYI -- people (like me) using the dark theme can't read your post (unless you select-all or highlight it).

Did you make this video?

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 8.08.13 AM.png

Reactions: favo
At about the 3:30 mark the owner opens the back door and the window lowers about an inch, When closing it then automatically goes back up. Found this interesting. Is this common on the Model 3 also? Thanks
This is a model 3! Yes, this is typical for all cars with frame-less doors. Front windows do the same. Frame-less doors are generally indicative of higher quality cars.

Reactions: sundaymorning
That's done so the window properly closes vertically into the rubber weather-stripping/weather seal for a water-tight fit. If the window was fully closed and you just closed the door, the only force against the seal would be the horizontal force holding the door itself closed. Frame-less doors/windows have been doing this for a while now (in nicer cars, that is). Also, sometimes it's maybe 1/8" travel and hardly noticeable.