Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Owner - Looking to add 2016 MX - Advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone- We’ve had out 2019 Model 3 for over a year now and are loving it. We are a family of 5 w/ 3 kids - 15, 11 and 6. The older 2 had quite big growth spurts in the past 2 months, and even though we managed to drive across the country in the M3 last summer, its getting too tight for even a quick trip to the beach now.

Looking at trading in our Nissan Leaf for a used Model X 2016 from the Tesla site - with 7 seat configurations. I know I’m sacrificing some newer tech, and likely no FSD with the lower price range I’m looking at. Am i missing anything else by getting a 2016 model X?

We looked into the Model Y - but honestly, it comes out to the same price as the used X, and the 7 seater wont be available until 2021, and we’re looking to get something now.

Thanks!

You're missing a ton of range with a 2016 vs new. That and the significantly reduced Supercharging capability (if you plan to road trip) would be the biggies to me.

I have a 2019 X and love it.

You won’t be compromising newer tech if you get used with FSD.

I purchased a 2016X six seater. White interior for $60k in Jan. I just got HW3 upgraded yesterday Since I had FSD. So I’m up to the latest tech

Yes. The newer ones have better battery tech,suspension etc but for us it was not worth the extra $20–$30k for a 2019/2020.

Hope this helps.