Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Owners: Would you buy another Model 3 today?

Would you buy a Model 3 today?

• Yes

Votes: 197 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 6.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we're assuming a situation like "my car was totaled and I have to buy another car", then yes, I'd buy an LR AWD with FSD, or a stealth P3D if I could find one (I do not want the dumb 20" wheels).

I'd be pretty annoyed by doing so though, because I'm planning on switching to a Y once I can pick one up on sale during an end of quarter special once they're in production, but buying a new Model 3 right now would make that a bit ridiculous.

I'm also really wary of handing Tesla any more money right now until I see some actual improvements to the features I care about, which notably do not include farts, video games, or Spotify.

I've only had 2 and a half minor issues with my car since getting it (July 2018) that required a service center visit

- driver side rear window got out of alignment and ended touching the rear quarter window. Fixed under warranty.
- TPMS warning icon was lit at delivery. Lived with it for a while before taking it in and getting a reset.
- installing software updates after the first one always failed. Ended up getting an SD reformat OTA by service. That seems to have fixed it as I've installed at least 5 versions since without any problems.

Other than replacing two rear tires, nothing else has cost me any money. There have been several times the screen blanks out or the audio system hangs but a reset takes care of that.

I would happily buy another Model 3; AWD would be my preference as I got antsy and didn't wait long enough the first time.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I actually replaced my Model 3 because of an accident and I would probably do it again. I would not get the same configuration, I have LR RWD with FSD, paying up front was a major mistake. I will never give any money to Tesla in advance ever again. We had planned on a Y at launch for my wife and that is not happening. We will wait and see, let any cost reduction, pricing, launch issues get sorted out. Love the car but not at all a fan of the company and their customer service.

Last edited: