Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 performance tire replacement questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in south Flordia (only mention for the hot roads, not sure it matters?) have oe Pirelli pzero 235/35 20 now. Def want to switch to PS4S. Does it really matter if they are oem with foam and the ev model? Or will the regular PS4S same size be a good substitute? Does anyone have them that can notice any noise difference? I’m a bit anal about cabin noise but from what i read no one can tell the difference? Any difference in handling or accel from stop? Thanks!

Yes, PS4Ss Better grip and looks. No difference in noise that I can tell. Haven't had much range testing as it was nearly time to install winter set. The slight increase in sidewall height help with scraping (or lack thereof) with my MPP Sports at recommended height. A little bit of rim protection too, which I hope to never try out. Totally happy with setup

IMG_2328 (1).jpg

Yes, PS4Ss Better grip and looks. No difference in noise that I can tell. Haven't had much range testing as it was nearly time to install winter set. The slight increase in sidewall height help with scraping (or lack thereof) with my MPP Sports at recommended height. A little bit of rim protection too, which I hope to never try out. Totally happy with setup

View attachment 896250
Gorgeous whip!! Did you have to do any setting changes or Anything? My installer is seeming to think so. Even if I went to 245

If by setting you meant speedometer setting then there is a something you can adjust in the menu.
Nope. Been proven to make no difference. Even if it did, you can only pick from fixed sizes, and a 245 is not on there.

For the OP- the car is not traction limited in accel even on all seasons. Turning is better on PS4S tires. But wider is not going to make a lot of difference, especially on stock wheels, and will impact range. Unless you care about the last few tenths of handling, stick with the stock 235/35 size of tires.

Gorgeous whip!! Did you have to do any setting changes or Anything? My installer is seeming to think so. Even if I went to 245
I had Discount Tire order/install the 255s with no issues. I have the wheel selector in the car set to the track wheels since (which came with 245s) as they are the closest to my setup. Don't know if it makes any difference, but the car is happy so I am too.
@gearcruncher yes the straight line traction wasn't an issue. Cornering is a big factor in my decision to take advantage of my coilovers. I don't care about range reduction at all. If economy was on my list I wouldn't have bought a performance model to begin with