Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 performance with 19" sport wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like you're pretty well connected with the Tesla OG. I have an email in with Tesla and I'll pursue this through channels. I don't think I've talked with an actual OA yet; I'll try that as well. I'm gonna give this a few weeks but it's a few weeks now which means adding a few weeks to the delivery.

For me, I really don't want the 20", Pilot Sports or track-ish tires.
Moreover, the decorations in the Performance Upgrade Package just seem silly.
An occasional launch with Primacy is enough for me.
The rest of the time, I'd prefer a quieter ride.
I also think the 19s look stylish with Deep Blue Metallic and white interior.

Yeah, I get the upsell angle. They did that White Interior which was exclusive to Performance but is now available on the AWD+RWD. But upsell is only relevant for awhile. Seriously, if I can't get 19s on a Performance I'll probably just get an AWD.

Well, the attempt through my OA failed. She doesn't handle 3s but forwarded me to a Loyalty Advisor who does handle 3s. Nice guy who understood the issues but he checked with his manager who said no dice. I still have an email in with [email protected] and then the ultimate hail mary, Tweet at Elon.

Not looking good. Any other ideas?

It is a nice rim and would look slick paired with Midnight Silver Metallic.
I'm probably getting Deep Blue Metallic and I think the 19" naked aluminum looks better for that color.
However, looking at actual photos rather than the Tesla web site
it should be called Dark Blue Metallic rather than Deep Blue Metallic.

Last edited:
Thing that is still annoying about aftermarket wheels is that you'll still see the areos in the app and on the screen.

Yeah super annoying and according to service there is no way to change it yet - the car prompted me to say 'hey noticed a wheel size change' but there's no way to fix the app or webview picture - supposedly coming but it can't be high priority and or course? limited to rims tesla sells for the 3

Not as annoying as not being able to just order the OEM 19 if you want on Performance...

• Helpful
Reactions: EVChris
For me, I really don't want the 20", Pilot Sports or track-ish tires.
Moreover, the decorations in the Performance Upgrade Package just seem silly.
An occasional launch with Primacy is enough for me.
The rest of the time, I'd prefer a quieter ride.
I also think the 19s look stylish with Deep Blue Metallic and white interior.

Yeah, I get the upsell angle. They did that White Interior which was exclusive to Performance but is now available on the AWD+RWD. But upsell is only relevant for awhile. Seriously, if I can't get 19s on a Performance I'll probably just get an AWD.

Yep, I'm in the exact same boat. The up-sell angle is backfiring because I'm about to order a $10K less expensive car because I don't want the 20" wheels.

r%5jXQUoQsCHUCtZ1KA2BQ.jpg
The Pilot Sport gets a rougher ride and wears faster. Track tire.
I'd get the Aeros and swap them aftermarket before I'd get the PUP but that's me.
Then if I went aftermarket, I'd revisit Michelin altogether.
Honestly though, if it's only a couple hundred bucks, I'd rather just deal with the Tesla Service Center
which is why I'd really prefer if Tesla added 19" to their Performance configuration.

I have staggered 20's with the michelin pilot sport 4S tires. 235 front and 275 rear. 20x8.5 front and 20x10 in the rear. For now ride height is stock. @MountainPass comfort coil overs going on it soon.... the car is a RWD LR car btw.... ride is not harsh at all.... cornering is significant better and range only went done 4-7%.

TSW Bathurst 20" Staggered Wheel/Tire Set Tesla Model 3

• Informative
Reactions: TT97
Well as an alternative, I could get 18" turbines from EVWheelDirect for $996 + $75.09 FedEx Ground + mounting.
I could swap the Michelins+TPMS+lug nuts onto these and the M3 wouldn't even know it was wearing something different.
The Aeros would probably sell closer to winter and at least I wouldn't have to deal with Aeros + tires.

TSportline also has the 18" TST Flow Forged Tesla Wheel for $1200 + $140 and there are other 18s but I kinda prefer turbines in silver.

It's a pain but it's a manageable pain. Going the 19" route is $1500, if Tesla even lets me.

EVWD 18s (28 lbs, kinda heavy for an 18 and probably costs some efficiency over TSportline 18s)
EV_Wheels_Direct_EVT_18_Turbine_Style_Wheel_Tesla_Model_3_-_Brilliant_Silver_01_540x.jpg

vs TSportline 18s (21 lbs, offset +35 vs Aero's +40, otherwise same)
tesla-model-3-18-inch-tst-turbine-style-flow-forged-wm-brilliant-silver_600x.jpg
vs. Tesla 19s (29.5 lbs)
upload_2018-8-10_15-52-41.png

Aeros weigh 21.6 naked or 23 covered.